so im in the market for a new amp and for a while i had settled on a Mesa Express, didnt know which wattage i was going to get. Well for some reason i had been misinformed. and i discovered that Orange does make small all tube combos. So now i am interested in the Rocker 30 combo for my amp. i play a lot of classic rock/blues type stuff (Zepp, AC/DC) and mostly Megadeth in terms of the little metal i play. I play small gigs and i know that i dont need more than 30 watts tube cause ill have a mic on my amp for anything louder.

questions-how much is this amp? ive been browsing on the official site and i may have missed it but idk.

how low can this be turned down for practice and still sound good? hypothetical situation.

cleans? OD? pictures? reviews? im going to go to Crossroads music this weekend in Monrovia and test it out if they have it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Last edited by HyperBoy2519 at Nov 1, 2007,
its more of a classic rock/alternative/indie kinda amp but i think with the right pedal you could push it to metal

its a pretty kick ass amp though
ive playted the rocker 30 it has very nice cleans... youll need a reverb, eq pedal and/or a compressor to get the best out of the clean channel imo. well the dirty channel is nice, can get blues and most genres of rock. it has enough gain for most applications, but might need a boost to handle some heavier stuff. all in all, its an awesome amp.
I think Black Sabbath used Orange amps, but Iommi probably had some sort of OD pedal or a very different amp. With a good OD, u can push it to some sort of metal. Orange tube amps are a bit high priced. At least what ive seen. I wish they sold Orange Amps in the US.
Quote by qotsa1998
I think Black Sabbath used Orange amps, but Iommi probably had some sort of OD pedal or a very different amp. With a good OD, u can push it to some sort of metal. Orange tube amps are a bit high priced. At least what ive seen. I wish they sold Orange Amps in the US.

they do... and actuallytheyre expensive, but well worth it.
Being a proud owner of a Rocker 30 I can say that for classic rock and blues they're perfect (just have a listen to my in my profile!).

While not being an über metal amp, it can do some Van Halen and maybe Megadeth (at least with a pedal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkLmgefYuI
There's a vid of it doing heaveir stuff.
Keep in mind though, the map has a quite "open" OD, simialr to AC/DC and isn't that tight.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
this is good stuff thanks a lot

any idea what the price will be? im about to go onto Craigslist

EDIT-Nothing on craigslist...btw my above post mad it sound like all i play is metal so i edited it and put it the way it should be. Classic Rock/Modern rock/blues and a little Megadeth
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Orange 2x12
Last edited by HyperBoy2519 at Nov 1, 2007,
Which express series were you looking at? Cause the 25 one imo sounded pretty bad.. I liked the 50 though for those styles. It depends what you play more of though. The Mesa will do metal stuff better while the Orange will do calssic rock and blues much better.
i was looking at the Mesa 50...mostly to have the headroom and because it had a 12 inch speaker. i really think im gonna go with the Rocker30 if it sounds good.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Orange 2x12
Well even if clips aren't always the best, I'd recommend you to listne to my Rocker 30 clips, they are EXTREMELY accurate.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

hmm...jin hasn't yet posted on this. hahah. he will soon, though.
it's a pricey amp but sounds great.
god Gabel your stuff sounds great...Rocker 30 with an OCD....

i creamed myself.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Orange 2x12
Orange Thunderverb is a head designed for metal/downtuning. I don't know if that's out of your pricerange or if you're looking specifically for a combo, but I thought I'd mention it.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by HyperBoy2519
god Gabel your stuff sounds great...Rocker 30 with an OCD....

i creamed myself.

Actually.

That's the Rocker STRAIGHT...

If that how it sounds on it's own...

Then imagine it with the OCD!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Sorry, I've been trying to stay away from UG for a while. (mainly because I think UG is totally making me bias againts everything).

I won't say much on the rocker 30 (mainly because you should try it yourself), but everyone pretty much summed it up. Be COMPLETELY sure that you want this amp before you buy it. Ask yourself, Do you want a midgained to a mildly high gain amp?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R