Page 1 of 3
okay so i started my job at beef o bradys two weeks ago. i didnt get my paycheck yesterday while everyone else did. i asked why, they said the first 3 days are considered training days and i dont get paid. i worked ****ing 5 hours a night for 3 nights, and dont get a dime out of it? i dont ****ing think so. my friend who works there told me thats customary and every work does it. i told my mom she said no, every work doesnt do it. so is this legal? do other places do it?
Quit your whining.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Dear God, someone just got a reality check, get the WAAAHmbulance here, stat!
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
im ****ing 15, i worked a week for no pay, thats bull****. i think the law is i cant work more than 14 a week and that was only in 3 days, i actually work 20 a week. i did all the ****ing work, no body trained me. they told me what to do for 5 minutes
I would think that is illegal.

Edit: Meh, seems I am wrong.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Stop complaining.

You can't always have everything perfectly fair, and your way.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

"So no-one told you life was gonna be this waaaaay"
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by nine01n
okay so i started my job at beef o bradys two weeks ago. i didnt get my paycheck yesterday while everyone else did. i asked why, they said the first 3 days are considered training days and i dont get paid. i worked ****ing 5 hours a night for 3 nights, and dont get a dime out of it? i dont ****ing think so. my friend who works there told me thats customary and every work does it. i told my mom she said no, every work doesnt do it. so is this legal? do other places do it?

Cool.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
A whole 15 hour week

Once you've been sent home by a company so you couldn't get much needed overtime pay, and then consequently had to choose from the available funds whether for the next week you'd rather have electricity, or food, I'll have a bit more sympathy.
Lol.

I love how you guys are all saying "Sop whining lolol" and such.

Firstly, I bet none of you even have a job. Secondly, you too would be pretty ****ing pissed if you worked three nights for sweet FA.

Wether it's legal or not, get your heads out your asses.

To the op: Yeah, probably legal. ****sux, but at least you'll have some cash from now on.
You pretty much just got pwned by Beef-o-Brady's.

Relax. Work another week and then you'll get paid.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Your Jobs a joke, your broke...
Bass Player
Quote by Deek_13
Your Jobs a joke, your broke...

"Your love lifes DOAAAAAAAA"
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Welcome to the real world now!
It's perfectly normal, training days are a norm in many jobs.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

dude u cant work more than 20 hours a week if ur 15, and yes most places do this, its like orrentation, or a probation period, so u get the hang of things, stop whinny too, some place make u work more than 15 hours for only being 15.
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
Quote by gallagher2006
Are you in America? If so, ya it's legal.

Whereas in Britain, we get payed for our training days

Seriously? Haha, my brother got screwed outta 2 days training pay then.
“This was a manuscript of the night we couldn’t read.”
Quote by Vermintide
Lol.

I love how you guys are all saying "Sop whining lolol" and such.

Firstly, I bet none of you even have a job. Secondly, you too would be pretty ****ing pissed if you worked three nights for sweet FA.

Wether it's legal or not, get your heads out your asses.

To the op: Yeah, probably legal. ****sux, but at least you'll have some cash from now on.

Eh?

It sucks for sure...he shoulda asked more questions about paid training. I don't work for anyone without compensation.
A whole 15 hour week

he's 15 years old, he's not allowed to work more than that per week
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
lol @ 5 hours a day for 3 nights.

Are you ****ing kidding me? First of all, 5 hour shifts are a joke. Work 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week and then you have a right to complain.
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
"Your love lifes DOAAAAAAAA"

"Looks like you're always stuck in 2nd geeeeearrrr...."
Quote by pavel
he's 15 years old, he's not allowed to work more than that per week

You can actually work 20 a week for a part time job.
it's very legal and you're a whiny little dyke im afraid.

that's the world of the workforce noob, get a clue and stop crying before
you have a WAAAAHattack.

-Mr. D
Of course it's legal.

You don't count as a person, they can do whatever they want.
Quote by denizenz
Eh?

It sucks for sure...he shoulda asked more questions about paid training. I don't work for anyone without compensation.

True.

But this thread just seems to be full of pricks thinking along the lines of "I'm older than this guy and jaded from some ****. This gives me the right to be a complete asshole and say he has no right to be pissed."

15 hours is a big chunk of time if you're a bratty schoolkid, after all Give the guy a break.

Quote by Child In Time
During the past four years I've had 5 jobs, and been at one for the whole four years, which meant there were times when I had two, and even three, jobs at the same time. The pay wasn't always great or fair, and neither were the hours- many times I've worked 50+ hours a week with no overtime. But I don't whine on UG about it.

Right now I'm working in two schools in Ibiza and getting much less than the other teachers because I'm still at uni, but I get on with it. This is how the world works.

The above applies to you. You're normally pretty cool, too.
Last edited by Vermintide at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by Verminitide

During the past four years I've had 5 jobs, and been at one for the whole four years, which meant there were times when I had two, and even three, jobs at the same time. The pay wasn't always great or fair, and neither were the hours- many times I've worked 50+ hours a week with no overtime. But I don't whine on UG about it.

Right now I'm working in two schools in Ibiza and getting much less than the other teachers because I'm still at uni, but I get on with it. This is how the world works.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I got paid for training, over 20 hours.
However, its legal and you're basically stupid for not asking if you got paid or not. No, it isn't obvious; some places do not pay for training.
And 20 hours a week isn't that much. Thats my all time low for a weeks work.
I got paid at my job when I was training. I trained for 4 hours a day 2 days a week and I got paid for it but it could just be the place I work.
Quote by Child In Time

Yes but I'm sure the prospect of women keeps you happy.

Giggidy
Giggidy
Giggidy!
an employer can't ask you to work without pay. its simply illegal regardless of what they tell you.

There is a student wage which is normally considerably lower than minimum wage. but they can't make you work for free. They are taking you for a ride, and anyone who tells you the same was also taken for a ride. Go find a new place of employment that will treat you with respect.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by The Leader
"Looks like you're always stuck in 2nd geeeeearrrr...."

"When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your yeeeeaaaaar..."

Next person get's the best line .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by nine01n

And you want us to do what exactly? Suck it up ya bitch. Sucks growin up dont it?
My question is this though. Are there things you want to buy? If yes then quit bitching and work
Page 1 of 3