Page 1 of 2
What venues are located near where you live that let metal bands play...

I thought it would be cool to see where to go to see metal bands according to the opinions of metal fans...

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
What do you mean 'let' metal bands play!?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
well... look at what happened to arch enemy and machine head... some venues don't let metal bands play

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

cool...

I like the house of blues in New Orleans, Louisiana... I saw Opeth, Arch Enemy, devildriver there...

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

thats cuz disney is STOOOPIDe
most places around here let anybody play, most ppl organize the shows, so if they want emo bands they get emo bands, rock they get rock, that kinda thing
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Random stuff in London..
Hammersmith Apollo
Brixton Academy
Wembley Stadium
The Forum
Mean Fiddler
and quite a few more
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
San Jose - HP Pavilion
Mountain View - Shoreline Amphitheater
San Francisco - The Fillmore
San Francisco - Warfield

Those are the major ones.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Camden Underworld
The Fiddlers Elbow (also in Camden, and home to the wonderful Road to Ruin club night)
The Crowbar pub/watering hole/wardrobe in Soho

Then there are the various larger venues that do whatever.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
the boardwalk....a 300max bar in the area. it's not big, but it's very intamate. i got to smoke with jack owen
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
manning bar
the gaelic club
mandarin bar
hordern pavillion
the big top - luna park
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
the dodge theater

AZ BABY

im gonna see Lamb of god devil driver soilwork and killswitch engadge there in december
Quote by darkstar2466
San Jose - HP Pavilion
Mountain View - Shoreline Amphitheater
San Francisco - The Fillmore
San Francisco - Warfield

Those are the major ones.

O another San Frinciscan
I'm pissed they closed the Pound, that was sweet. Slims gets a ton of awesome bands, but Slim's is gay and will kick you out even if it just looks like your touching the moniter but really are not (long story). For local shows, the Gilman and the Haz mat are pretty cool. They just made Bourbon St and the Oakland metro 21+ which really fukking sucks.

So yes, the Fillmore and the Warfield are indeed the best. I don't care for ampitheaters too much (they'll let you smoke ganj on the lawn but so damn cold!)
Quote by somepunkkid
huh? when did that happen?

When I tried to see Obituary at Bourbon St a while ago they told me it was 21+ there from now on because of new management, and last Saturday (10/27 I think) I saw Ghoul and Deadfall and Hatchet at the Metro and they were saying that this was going to be the last all ages show because of a police busted a bunch of underaged people drinking outside.
Well, where I am now, I'm in the middle of a few locations.

Newcastle: Newcastle University, Northumbria University, Carling Academy, The Cluny and Trillians

Middlesbrough: The Crown

Leeds: Rios and wherever it was I went to see Necrofag, I forget what it was called.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by I,Voyager
O another San Frinciscan
I'm pissed they closed the Pound, that was sweet. Slims gets a ton of awesome bands, but Slim's is gay and will kick you out even if it just looks like your touching the moniter but really are not (long story). For local shows, the Gilman and the Haz mat are pretty cool. They just made Bourbon St and the Oakland metro 21+ which really fukking sucks.

So yes, the Fillmore and the Warfield are indeed the best. I don't care for ampitheaters too much (they'll let you smoke ganj on the lawn but so damn cold!)

Yep, that's why I didn't mention Slim's. Although, I think I'm gonna have to go there for Amon Amarth in Decmember...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by rg_metal
well... look at what happened to arch enemy and machine head... some venues don't let metal bands play

And that means that every other venue on the planet has to consciously let a metal band play?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
norwich has:

UEA LCR
waterfront
brickmakers
B2
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Pearl Room in Mokena Illinois is a nice venue, can't forget about The Rave in Milwaukee either.
Quote by saxaxe
Jaxx
Jaxx is the ****ing bomb. Check out this calendar.
http://jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

Jaxx is awesome, too bad I'm in the middle of nowhere and far removed from most decent bands.

Also, does anyone know if Earl's Court has a lot of concerts? I happened to be visiting London and the first night they had an Iron Maiden concert.
Quote by shredhead22
the boardwalk....a 300max bar in the area. it's not big, but it's very intamate. i got to smoke with jack owen

u talking about the sacramento one?

ive been there 3 times. watched death angel, dick dale, and summer slaughter fest.

amon amarth is playing in december... so is andre nickatina (not metal but he's cool).

Suicidal Tendencies & municipal waste is playing together in November

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by bootyguard
u talking about the sacramento one?

ive been there 3 times. watched death angel, dick dale, and summer slaughter fest.

amon amarth is playing in december... so is andre nickatina (not metal but he's cool).

Suicidal Tendencies & municipal waste is playing together in November

I thought Amon Amarth was going to be playing at Slim's in SF.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
place in C-ville, VA called Outback Lodge. mainly for local bands, but its fockin great; like my home away from home.
Favorite Bands (no specific order):
- Judas Iscariot
- Down
- Immortal
- Municipal Waste
- Artimus Pyledriver
I honestly don't know of any near me except the Croatian Culture Center. All I know is everything else is 19+ and I'm 18...
Cybershark of the Maximals Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!
No where. No real Metal bands come around here at all, except for Cellador and that's just because they're from here.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
yeah the metal scene sucks in Tuscon, the deathcore/metalcore scene is huge here but if a band like Nile were to come through nobody would be there
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
In B.C theres mostly the pne forum and the croation cultural centre in vancouver...in coquitlam theres this place called leigh square and another one called dogwood pavillion. Then in maple ridge/pitt meadows.....theres been jack **** except for my friend putting on shows in his complex....kind of entertaining to see 300 people crammed into such a small space but the shows never manage to finish without being shut down....
Metal Bar
Fun Haus
The Kathedral
Opera House
Air Canada Centre
Massey Hall
Molson Amphitheater
etc.
I've found Jesus
We've got a few places.....we don't really have a metal "specific" venue except for Club Phoenix and even that has like, punk nights and stuff.

The best one we had was the Arena, and that got shut down after a bunch of hardcore kids trashed it at Parkway Drive. I think it was supposed to re-open like a week ago, but people keep telling me its been sold....doesn't matter anyway, they announced that they're doing no more AA gigs....it sucks 'cause Black Dahlia Murder+Cephalic Carnage are playing on Saturday, Behemoth are playing next month and Amon Amarth are playing in January....

We've also got the Riverstage which is where all the big tour/festivals play. Like The Black Crusade and Gigantour. Um....The Overcranked Festival happens at the RNA Showgrounds which is normally used for like....Carnivals and shit. Um.....Oh yea, most BIG bands (Maiden, Ozzy, Manson, etc.) play the Entertainment centre. It's half seating, half mosh so its ok.

Yea, I think that's it haha.
Quote by Contraband
Metal Bar
Fun Haus
The Kathedral
Opera House
Air Canada Centre
Massey Hall
Molson Amphitheater
etc.

Hellz yeah to the Metal Bar, unfortunately the halloween show they just had was their last show.
In Melbourne there's a bunch...

Usually The Forum, The Hi Fi Bar and The Corner Hotel have the bigger international bands, though more recently The Billboard Venue and Festival Hall had quite a few bookings. Amon Amarth and Immortal among others at the Billboard...

Then there was The Palace, but I don't think that's a venue anymore...

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Mr. President
Jaxx Concert Hall is the only venue near me that consistently has metal shows.

haha I never realized it was called a concert hall. Sounds so formal...
Page 1 of 2