I am looking into getting myself a delay pedal, mainly to recreate the sound from the intro to "Tears Don't Fall" by Bullet For My Valentine but also to experiment with in my own material. I know that the guitarist in Bullet uses a Line 6 DL-4 but I want to see what people here advise.
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
The DL-4 is the ultimate delay pedal. Hands Down. Dont bother with a boss unless you cant afford a DL-4. Its user friendly, has a 14 second looper and has TONS of features and has great tone/doesnt suck any of your tone out.
a DL-4 has alot of options on it. But as far as sound quality, id go with an EHX Memory Man, maybe the Hazarai model if u have the money. The Edge uses a Memory Man, but he also has an odd way of setting up his amps.
Quote by qotsa1998
a DL-4 has alot of options on it. But as far as sound quality, id go with an EHX Memory Man, maybe the Hazarai model if u have the money. The Edge uses a Memory Man, but he also has an odd way of setting up his amps.

I disagree. for stage use, the DL-4 is the way to go. 3 presets basically means you have 3 delay pedals with you on stage.
I own both ^ ^ ^

The DMM doesn;t have enough Delay for my likeing @ 550ms.
The DL4's options along with it's VERY digital sounding delay is more like my glass of whiskey. So therefore, I say DL4. I'd like to hear from someone who owns the MM w/ Hazarai though.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
i like the dl-4 more than the SMM with harazai. i also like the space echo twin pedal better too. its alright, just not as good as the other two IMO.

and to the guy who thought the DL-4 was "jagged"
use a nice clean amp with it