hey i listened to blackbird from alterbridge and the main riff sounds just like john frusciantes song 'Anne' at about 50 seconds in. im not hatin on either guitar players, there both two of my favorites,but i was wondering anyone who knows mark tremonti, if he was a fan of frusciantes?....both songs are awesome btw.
indeed both songs are immense. thers a **similar** kind of pattern, but they are definitely different riffs.
im just learning blackbird atm actually haha
"Blackbird" is an entire album.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
blackbird is also a song on that album...
Quote by 18th_Angel
No dude, that is definitely an ugly chick. I'm talking 10 or 11 beers ugly.
I doubt it's a beatles cover, they're not really the beatles type o.o
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Which came first? Alterbridges song or frusciantes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frusciante stole theirs (oh yes i went there.. dani california *cough*)

Sorry had to do it.
Quote by _RATM_
fruscianes was much longer before....blackbird the cd came out like a few days ago. and frusciantes solo album was a few years ago. yeah i think they ripped dani california also,,,,,,,

They got the drum beat from a Wu-Tang Clan song. The solo was an ode to Hendrix. Capeesh?

And yeah, Frusciante's album came out way before Blackbird.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by _RATM_
and the chord progression and feel from tom petty,,,i think thats enough

I think only one comma's enough.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
ha ur right it definetly is enough. i love rhcp as much as the next guy, i bought all their cds and love playing their songs, heck i bought frusciantes cds, and not many people know about his solo stuff. i prolly shouldnt accuse bands of ripping off as much as i should take note of their songs similarities. if a bands good enough to release cds they must have done enough things right.
Quote by str84ever
Which came first? Alterbridges song or frusciantes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frusciante stole theirs (oh yes i went there.. dani california *cough*)

Sorry had to do it.

It happens. Like how many times have you come up with something only to be told or find out that it sounds too much like this song or that song.

The chili peppers don't need to copy songs, trust me.
Quote by _RATM_
ha ur right it definetly is enough. i love rhcp as much as the next guy, i bought all their cds and love playing their songs, heck i bought frusciantes cds, and not many people know about his solo stuff. i prolly shouldnt accuse bands of ripping off as much as i should take note of their songs similarities. if a bands good enough to release cds they must have done enough things right.

Thanks.

And I don't believe they ripped off the Tom Petty song. After all, they didn't rip off songs to make it where they are today, did they? So why start now?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Thanks.

And I don't believe they ripped off the Tom Petty song. After all, they didn't rip off songs to make it where they are today, did they? So why start now?

Dani California Chords by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Am G
Getting born in the state of Mississippi,
Dm
Her Poppa was a copper and her Momma was a hippy,

MARY JANE'S LAST DANCE (INDIANA GIRL)
Tom Petty

Intro/Verses: Am-G-D

Coincidence?

I think not. Practically the same chords and identical rhythm.
Quote by Kevin97220
It happens. Like how many times have you come up with something only to be told or find out that it sounds too much like this song or that song.

The chili peppers don't need to copy songs, trust me.

Yea, they can suck enough with just their own songs.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by OneHappyCamper
Yea, they can suck enough with just their own songs.

Oh yea they suck. sure, they're better than you.

No, it's not the Beatles song. Though both are excellent, I learnt Blackbird as one of my early songs, saw Macca play it recently at the Electric Proms on telly, it's such a lovely song. And as for Alter Bridge, well they truly are the epic sauce.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by Kevin97220
Oh yea they suck. sure, they're better than you.

I like how you ignore my comment
Quote by str84ever
Dani California Chords by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Am G
Getting born in the state of Mississippi,
Dm
Her Poppa was a copper and her Momma was a hippy,

MARY JANE'S LAST DANCE (INDIANA GIRL)
Tom Petty

Intro/Verses: Am-G-D

Coincidence?

I think not. Practically the same chords and identical rhythm.

With so many songs in the world, I don't think you can fairly say because they used the same three chords they stole that song. I'm sure there are thousands of songs that sound just like that too. Yes I own both songs too.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Quote by powerstroke
With so many songs in the world, I don't think you can fairly say because they used the same three chords they stole that song. I'm sure there are thousands of songs that sound just like that too. Yes I own both songs too.

Those three chords. I will also add to the fact, as a drummer i know the drum parts to both songs - identical.

Then since drums are generally written to accompany the bass part. The bass is therefore identical.

The rhythm is identical.

So no i am not basing this off 3 chords i am basing it off rhythm as well.
Quote by str84ever
Those three chords. I will also add to the fact, as a drummer i know the drum parts to both songs - identical.

Then since drums are generally written to accompany the bass part. The bass is therefore identical.

The rhythm is identical.

So no i am not basing this off 3 chords i am basing it off rhythm as well.

Did you not read my post?

Chad Smith got the drum beat from a Wu-Tang Clan song. Was Tom Petty ever in the Wu-Tang? I think not.

Who cares if the chords are the same? With so many songs in the world, how is it possible not to write something that sounds close to something else?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild