Is a cop allowed to breathalyze you without any suspicion of you being drunk? Also, with minors, if the number has any reading above zero can they just arrest you for underage drinking? Or does it have to reach a certain number?
On the first one: I don't think so, but they do anyway.
On the second one: I think they can bust you for underage drinking.

I'm not really sure though.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Yes they can, drink driving is so bad here they do random spot checks a lot in the evenings.
Not sure about the underage drinking, but if there's alcohol off your breath and your underage and driving, I'm certain it'll be troublesome.
if you're not drunk, then you dont have anything to worry about

if you're underage drinking then say you had a fair bit at home before you went out
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Meh...

I got caught underage drinking in public a while back, all they did was make me pour my booze down the drain.

Who cares? lol.

Also, 1 it would make sense if they could...

2 Same.
I dunno about where you are, but in England they can breathalyze any driver for no reason. Like Cyberbob says, we get random spot checks all the time.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
in ohio, you have a choice to take it. But if you don't you automatically get your liscense suspended for a year
Hell, my school was doing breathalyzer tests here, and the things were so unreliable that gum was giving them false positives. Which also makes me wonder, if you eat say, one or two of those rum chocolates (which can get you declared legally drunk if you eat like 6 boxes of them) and your blood alcohol level is above .01%, will they arrest you?
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Quote by killsPEACHES
in ohio, you have a choice to take it. But if you don't you automatically get your liscense suspended for a year

communism in action
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Ignorance in action.

amen, i believe that the correct term to use would be facism, which is a polar opposite of communism
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

... wow...
Quote by Dirge Humani
Ignorance in action.
Zing!
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Dobzilla
Who cares? lol.

drunk driving is a pretty serious offense ...

in IL if you do not submit to the breathalyzer and you get a DUI anyway (there's a number of tests they can do to determine it) then your penalties are increased twice as much i believe.

as for minors, in IL there is a zero tolerance policy. i kind of like florida cause it's .02 for minors there. i don't know what i'm supposed to say when i get pulled over after mass blowing .01. <_<

as for false positives, my friend chews copenhagen black bourbon sometimes. i wonder if that would get him arrested.
#DTWD
i'm tired

somethingism in action
In the UK you can refuse a breathalyser test as long as you agree to have a blood test to determine alcohol levels.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
as far as I understand it legally no a cop cannot use a breathalyzer without first issuing a field sobriety test, as for a number i know for driving any amount counts as underage drunk driving, i don't know about just underage drinking
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Quote by primusfan
drunk driving is a pretty serious offense ...

in IL if you do not submit to the breathalyzer and you get a DUI anyway (there's a number of tests they can do to determine it) then your penalties are increased twice as much i believe.

as for minors, in IL there is a zero tolerance policy. i kind of like florida cause it's .02 for minors there. i don't know what i'm supposed to say when i get pulled over after mass blowing .01. <_<

as for false positives, my friend chews copenhagen black bourbon sometimes. i wonder if that would get him arrested.

I kinda assumed he meant just being breathalised for like walking around the street appearing quite drunk.
Quote by Dobzilla
I kinda assumed he meant just being breathalised for like walking around the street appearing quite drunk.

Does that even happen?

I don't I'd mind too much, sometimes I'm curious as to how drunk I am walking around town at night!
i passed a breathalizer after a Rage show (had 1.5 cans of beer in the parking lot), and the two cops who pulled me over STILL towed my car. go figure....
Arsenal:

80's Gibson LP Studio
77' Ibanez Artist
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Boss Metal Zone
MXR Phase Shifter
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech Whammy
You shouldn't be driving with alcohol in your system anyway, so there's nothing to worry about.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.