Anyone here have any problems out of Musician's Friend? I ordered an Ibanez RG370DX on Monday, selected overnight shipping (should have been here yesterday)...it arrives today, and guess what...they sent me a f'n Fender bass. Now I'll be spending the next two weeks cleaning this up.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Here's what I'd do: tell them you never got anything. Threaten to complain to the Better Business Bureau and demand free shipping on your guitar.

Then keep the bass.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

^ listen to him lol

that's musicians friend for you buddy, some crazy stuff happens.

should've just got at guitar center or zzsounds
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I like american musical, they do no credit check financing, and throw in an extra year of warranty (not to be an advertisment lol!)
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Here's what I'd do: tell them you never got anything. Threaten to complain to the Better Business Bureau and demand free shipping on your guitar.

Then keep the bass.

If you get away with that then i say keep ordering crap lol. Then tell them the same thing happened.
Quote by LaGrange
If you get away with that then i say keep ordering crap lol. Then tell them the same thing happened.

They most probably will have records of whom they shipped to. It might say they shipped him an Ibanez, or maybe it's not that specific, but it will show that they shipped him an instrument. If he then says that he didn't recieve anything, they'll show him the records saying he must have recieved something, resulting in trouble.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I'm on the phone with them now. Poor girl is doing what she can. I'm getting free overnight again, but this is just bleh...I'm pretty furious.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Here is an idea!
Go to your local shop, see if they have on in stock.
If not, ask them to order you one from whatever warehouse they get it from. Therefore, you don't have to get in any shipping trouble.
Quote by RPGoof
Here is an idea!
Go to your local shop, see if they have on in stock.
If not, ask them to order you one from whatever warehouse they get it from. Therefore, you don't have to get in any shipping trouble.

+1. Another reason to support your local Ma & Pa place.
I think that's what I'm going to do...I'm not giving them my damn credit card number again. Granted I got a $650 bass instead of a $450 guitar....meh. Thought crossed my mind of just selling the f'n bass lmao.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Oh man this is some horesh*t right here. Apparently I have to pay for the new order, then get credited for the old order. I'm just going to Guitar Center tomorrow. Main reason I shop online is because my work schedule is too hectic for me to go, but f'k it...I'm sick tomorrow if you catch my drift.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
I never had any problem with Musciansfriend. I love the damn site! my borther ordered from them, and everything came perfect.

A site you should check out is Music123.com. I ordered from them and everything was grand. My SG came when it was supposed to, and it was neatly packaged and even had insurance on it! (I didnt add the insurance package).

Music123.com is awesome. You should check em out.
Quote by DreamFactory
I never had any problem with Musciansfriend. I love the damn site! my borther ordered from them, and everything came perfect.

A site you should check out is Music123.com. I ordered from them and everything was grand. My SG came when it was supposed to, and it was neatly packaged and even had insurance on it! (I didnt add the insurance package).

Music123.com is awesome. You should check em out.

Same company While I would not reccomend any of them, if you have to order online from a big box store, I've never heard a bad thing about Sweet Water.
Dude, if it's more expensive, just keep it and sell it, get yourself a nicer guitar, trust me.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
somehting almost like this happened to me
i order a few cables, boss ml-2 metalcore pedal, and an ibanez ts9 tubescreamer
i got if about 4 days after i placed my order...and then the next week...they send me the same order all over again, im waiting on if they are goin gto charge me twice for it tho
does anyone know if they will?
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
somehting almost like this happened to me
i order a few cables, boss ml-2 metalcore pedal, and an ibanez ts9 tubescreamer
i got if about 4 days after i placed my order...and then the next week...they send me the same order all over again, im waiting on if they are goin gto charge me twice for it tho
does anyone know if they will?

Return it and get your money back for the second order.

86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
^ Hah, there you go. As of now I'm going to pop into GC tomorrow morning and see what they would do with it. If it won't get me what I'm wanting, then I'll just send the thing back, and go ahead and buy one there.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Just buy your gear at stores. ALL of the stores around me have the exact same price as MF.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I ordered a guitar from MF and it came with a broken neck. Called em, sent me another. The EXACT SAME THING happened again. Sent it back, went to Guitar Center, and I was good to go. MF sucks.
Ah, not much longer then I'm headed thataway.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by Phoenix322
I ordered a guitar from MF and it came with a broken neck. Called em, sent me another. The EXACT SAME THING happened again. Sent it back, went to Guitar Center, and I was good to go. MF sucks.

Again, owned by the same company

EDIT

Music123
Guitar Center
Musicians Friend
and American Music Supply (IIRC) are all the same company. Don't say one is better then the other or the other sucks, as its all the same. And going to GC is not the same as supporting your local store. GC has the exact same mentality as MF and doesn't care about the customer, only whats in the customers wallet. I need to go on a rant there.
Well I settled on an Ibanez RG5EX1. It's eerily the same guitar as the RG370XGP1, just without the streaming stripes. Plus it was $50 cheaper, so after haggling the salesman (which he was pretty cool) for an hour and a half...I was able to get a case for it for $39 (Road Runner retail $99.99). Maybe it was a special, who cares...I still got a sweet deal.

After playing with the Edge III it's not as bad as people say, but it isn't a long-term solution. Later this evening after I get over the gitty-ness of a new guitar, I'll settle down and post some audio.
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Is always good to check the reviews of any online store on the bizrate site before ordering. Here's the link for MF: http://www.bizrate.co.uk/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--25210.html
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Wow...that's crazy. Only site I'd do business with now is AmericanMusical.com...and that's only because of their "easy payments".
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0