Right, so. My Blues Junior has been fixed (huzzah! - bad tubes.), and I'm sort of craving a fuzz for some lovely thick, warm tones for lead playing, and general Jiminess. The BJr doesn't do what I want it to in this respect and well, if I've got serious GAS, and money, well, it needs to be cured, right?

So.

I'm after a tone roughly like the Fuzz Factory and BJr in this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pbTJNCso0I

However, it's only the lead parts [on that] that I enjoy tonewise. When that gets into chords, it gets overly fuzzy and, since I've never tried the damn thing, I've no idea what it's like when you play about with it. So, I've heard a lot about the Frantone Peachfuzz - problem is, I can't find any clips of it, let alone play it myself. Does anyone here have experience with the Frantone? And can the Fuzz Factory do fuzz without being overboard?

Other options - Pigtronix Disnortion and Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz. Any other suggestions are welcome, except for any kind of Big Muff. They're really not what I'm after.

I'm tempted to suggest the Red Witch Fuzz God, but I'm not sure if that's quite the sound you want. Still worth looking into, though

Alternatively, you could at the MI Audio Neo Fuzz or GI Fuzz, or the Toadworks Mad Dog. The Neo Fuzz really sounds good to my ears.

I'm going to have to ask, though...why not the Big Muff?
Quote by Denthúl
I'm tempted to suggest the Red Witch Fuzz God, but I'm not sure if that's quite the sound you want. Still worth looking into, though

Alternatively, you could at the MI Audio Neo Fuzz or GI Fuzz, or the Toadworks Mad Dog. The Neo Fuzz really sounds good to my ears.

I'm going to have to ask, though...why not the Big Muff?

Hmm, some posh pedals there. The Neo fuzz doesn't quite do 'it' for me. The fuzz factory's closer.

On the big muff, I simply don't like it. I've tried a friend's little big muff on several amps, and I can't help but feel that it's not quite...fuzzy enough. It's not my definition of fuzz, and once the tone gets beyond 2'o'clock the whole sound just goes overtly trebley to the point of no return.

Put simply, I just don't like the way it sounds. I'll check out those other pedals, too.
Fair enough. It's not the world's greatest, but it's not the worst, either. If I had the money, I'd probably buy the Fuzz God, but at £150 I cannot help but feel that I'll most likely not be buying it any time soon.
How about a Fulltone 69/70/Soul Bender?

I'm winning an auction on eBay for a 69' which is over tomorrow, and I have a Blues Junior so I'll report back if I win!

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Quote by Defunkt

I'm winning an auction on eBay for a 69' which is over tomorrow, and I have a Blues Junior so I'll report back if I win!

Sounds great. Do update me on that one - I totally forgot about Fulltone making fuzz.

Forsak, was it built through a kit or your own parts?
Quote by Defunkt

The Fulltones would be great for Hendrix-y tones. I can tell you firsthand that Analogman makes an awesome fuzz, too. As for the Fuzz Factory, it's very tweakable. You've got five knobs to play with on that thing to get the sound you want, it just takes some time and effort to get there. Vintage fuzz is definitely avalable on it, though. It probably has a wider range of fuzz sounds than any other pedal on the market, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.