ok i did a search and couldnt really find anything so here goes:

ive got a vox v847 wah pedal and im sick of chewing up batteries, is there anyway to install a mains power jack thing so i can just plug it straight into the wall?
Yeah, it's quite easy to do. Just need one of these, wire it up like showed - http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=92

You could also use one of these as well. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godlyke-PowerAll-System-Battery-Clip-Jumper-Cable?sku=331506

Don't be surprised if you get some noise though. How long are you're batteries lasting? I usually get months from mine, as long as I unplug from the input.

Quote by Whole Lotta Led
as long as I unplug from the input.

Yep....leave it plugged-in and your pedal is still "on". Wont last long plugged-in 24x7.

Chris
Quote by ridder
ok i did a search and couldnt really find anything so here goes:

ive got a vox v847 wah pedal and im sick of chewing up batteries, is there anyway to install a mains power jack thing so i can just plug it straight into the wall?

yea im sure there is a mod for a power jack add.
have a look around google
i usually do take the jack out of the input but sometimes i do forget, and its not like i use batteries at an abnormally large rate, its just 9v are another not needed expense every month or so.

if i did put in a power jack and i got too much noise for my liking and i changed back to batteries, would i still get noise with the jack just simply being part of the pedal, or is it more to do with it actually being used?
if you add a jack to your wah and don't use a power plug with it you wont have any added noise.

i had an old original crybaby wah as my first wah pedal and used the Dunlop adapter that came with it.
I found that i only got noise when the power pack was close to the pedal itself so if you keep your power at the other end of the pedal board you should be fine.
Quote by ridder
i usually do take the jack out of the input but sometimes i do forget, and its not like i use batteries at an abnormally large rate, its just 9v are another not needed expense every month or so.

if i did put in a power jack and i got too much noise for my liking and i changed back to batteries, would i still get noise with the jack just simply being part of the pedal, or is it more to do with it actually being used?

The noise comes from getting too much voltage. Just get yourself a well regulated power suppy that's rated for 9 volts exactly and you should be fine noise wise unless you have a noisy circuit in your home (I'm a victim of that ). It's not uncommon to see a 9V adapter thats actually putting out 10 or 11 volts or even more.
oh ok, sweet as that should be all good then. ive got an adapter that should do the trick. thanks heaps
I have my vox for almost 2 years and I never replaced the batteries yet.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots