i have been planning on buying an epiphone g-400 sg for quite a while, hypnotized the by easily accessible neck for zero inhibitions on my lead playing

i was just wondering, what kinda of style of music is an sg best for?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
SG's can do anything. Many years ago I used mine in a backup band for a Eastern European Belly Dancer. Sounded really good with the Balilykas (sp?)
Classic Rock is its best genre IMO. Iv never been able to get a good metal tone from an SG without a distortion pedal.
It can do anything....
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by nedthehead
Classic Rock is its best genre IMO. Iv never been able to get a good metal tone from an SG without a distortion pedal.

that is the probably the worst statement i've ever heard. Sg= metal. THe neck is fast, the pick ups are dirty. YOu're wrong
As stated before (pretty much repeating), its pretty much awesome for any genre. It one of the almighty perks of the SG. Also (as any other guitar), you can customize it to any specifications, and it'll sound f*ckin great for the genre your playin for!

I own two Gibson SG's, and holy hell, I love both of em. I feel that SG's out rank LP's any day!
okay great! thanks a lot for your help. im really glad, cause i fit those styles, i think this guitar is going to be perfect.

cant wait to have it
thanks for all your help!
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
an sg can play everyhting...ok maybe not everything...but almost everything
it shines best in rock and metal...