I can't find an appropriate forum for this, so I'll try the UG Pit
Its a question thats been bothering me for a while

This is for anyone who has read The Sirens of Titan and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

When describing Bokonon's past, Vonnegut says that his real name is Johnson, and that he spent time in Newport, RI. In Sirens, Newport, RI is where Rumford lived, so I'm wondering if Vonnegut is implying that Bokonon is Chrono-Synclastically Infundibulated?
i don't know how to read, so i probably haven't read the sirens of titan and cat's cradle by kurt vonnegut.
Quote by billythexninja
i don't know how to read, so i probably haven't read the sirens of titan and cat's cradle by kurt vonnegut.

Then how can you answer his question?

To answer TS, no i haven't read the books.
No idea. My mate reads his books though, apparently they're very good.
Quote by lrata
Chrono-Synclastically Infundibulated

Stop making up words .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
I believe there was a Vonnegut thread before. I haven't read him yet, but I want to when I can find the time. He seems interesting.
I am a HUGE Vonnegut fan (The Sirens of Titan is my favorite book. Ever.)

I think it might be possible, but it's a pretty big stretch. Vonnegut uses many towns and characters more than once in his books, but they don't have any real connection other than by name.

It might be possible though if you look into Bokonon's character. We don't meet him until the end of the book. Before that, he seems like a mythical celebrity - much like Rumford in Sirens of Titan. It works chronologically too, since Vonnegut wrote Sirens before Cat's Cradle.

My opinion: Possible, but a stretch.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
i read a short story by him today i dont remember the name
they had made all humans equal by handicapping the smarter and stronger ones with weights and ear pieces that shocked their brains and **** though

really good
If you liked that short story, you'll like Sirens of Titan. Either that short story influenced the novel, or vice versa.

I highly recommend picking the book up.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Thebridge
If you liked that short story, you'll like Sirens of Titan. Either that short story influenced the novel, or vice versa.

I highly recommend picking the book up.

yea i love dystopia literature so im gonna get that, 1984, and a brave new world as soon as possible
i literally just bought cat's cradle today. from the thirty pages i've read so far it's looking to be an interesting read.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by digimon go!
yea i love dystopia literature so im gonna get that, 1984, and a brave new world as soon as possible

check out Player Piano and Hocus Pocus. both by Vonnegut and both are freaking great