Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
I have a real drum set.
I have GH3.

Im not going to spend 200.00 on the rock band kit. Plus, singing is lame in that game.
Not Enough AssHatery
I played the Rock Band demo with my brother at Best Buy and it was not as good as I expected it to be.

I'm still getting it though.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Nov 1, 2007,
i think they should both die and you should get off your lazy ass and learn the real instrument
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Rock Band easily. FULL studio albums to be downloadable, better set list, four times the instruments. Gh3 was a disappointment as it was pretty much GH2 with new songs, who the hell wants to spend $100 for that.

Frets on Fire remains the king of guitar games.
i think rock band is the guitar hero for people who actualy play instruments
EDIT: and are too drunk to play them at the time of playing this game

10 fret guitar for soloing
^ applies to bass as well
Drums <cool feature
Vocals<ok i agree thats really lame but w/e
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by aeon20k
i think rock band is the guitar hero for people who actualy play instruments

10 fret guitar for soloing
^ applies to bass as well
Drums <cool feature
Vocals<ok i agree thats really lame but w/e
It's the same 1-5 frets, the higher ones are just meant to make you think you're playing a solo more like a "solo".
Quote by TJM2482
Rock Band easily. FULL studio albums to be downloadable, better set list, four times the instruments. Gh3 was a disappointment as it was pretty much GH2 with new songs, who the hell wants to spend $100 for that.

Nothing like pounding upon the Return key eh?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by prunejuiceman74
Excuse my naive question but, what the hell is rock band?
The creators of the original Guitar Hero's left the main company and made Rock Band. It's basically Guitar Hero but with all instruments and a better song list.
Quote by SteveHouse
Nothing like pounding upon the Return key eh?
Or you can just use the 360 controller from Guitar Hero.....
Quote by British Josh
i think they should both die and you should get off your lazy ass and learn the real instrument

Since when did people have to do what you say?
Quote by TJM2482

Such a kickass game, I play it at school!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by TJM2482
Or you can just use the 360 controller from Guitar Hero.....

Or you can pound on the Return key. For poor bastards without 360 or controller or Guitar Hero.
<---------

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I dont see why people even play GH. Frets on Fire is FREE, and you can download any song you want.

Have fun paying $90 for My Chemical Romance
I actually tried to download Frets on Fire just to make new songs with the custom editor... BUT the Mac version is a giant glitch.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

guitar hero's song list is definitely better....and i think vocals and drums would be kinda lame
That game is just like guitar hero if you don't buy the drum and mic.

I'd rather play GH. It's got a better tracklist.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by TJM2482

$100?!
You mean you can't just buy the game by itself and use the GH2 controller?
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by TJM2482
I dont see why people even play GH. Frets on Fire is FREE, and you can download any song you want.

Have fun paying $90 for My Chemical Romance

psh im gonna have fun paying 90 dollars for cliffs of dover and the devil went down to GA
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
i didn't say you had to do what i said. its merely a suggestion. seriously, whats going to benefit in the long run. guitar hero/rock band or you playing the real deal?
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Quote by C.C. Deville
psh im gonna have fun paying 90 dollars for cliffs of dover and the devil went down to GA
Or I can not pay anything and play AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and countless other bands that wont go near a guitar video game.
Quote by British Josh
i didn't say you had to do what i said. its merely a suggestion. seriously, whats going to benefit in the long run. guitar hero/rock band or you playing the real deal?

I don't play guitar for the sole reason of making money off it. I consider guitar and video games (yes that includes Guitar Hero) to be equal pastimes of mine.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by British Josh

they're both fun...I'm sick of all you people who think guitar hero is retarded and to play the real thing..just shut up and leave the thread..guitar hero is awesome, playing guitar is awesome..why can't I just do both?
Adreed with the lushacrous guy

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
I have no problem with playing both guitar games and real guitar, it's not like you're not going to buy an NBA game just because you play basketball outside with your pals.

I just dont see why anyone who's really into guitar would spend $100-200 on it when they could put that towards their rig. A lot of the GH kids are the ones with Squiers and whatnot, what gives?
Quote by TJM2482
The creators of the original Guitar Hero's left the main company and made Rock Band. It's basically Guitar Hero but with all instruments and a better song list.

Rock Band's song list is no where's near as good as Guitar Hero 3's.

Quote by Bayonetwork
$100?!
You mean you can't just buy the game by itself and use the GH2 controller?

You can use the Explorer controller on GH3.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by British Josh

Being entertained
Quote by SynGates7X
Rock Band's song list is no where's near as good as Guitar Hero 3's.
The only decent song I really want to play in GH3 is the first 30 seconds of Cliffs of Dover, and Knights of Cydonia. Rock Band has a lot of GH3's songs, plus FULL ALBUMS.

GH3 has One. Rock Band has One, Enter Sandman, and at least one full studio album. Plus other cool **** like Coheed.
Quote by TJM2482
The only decent song I really want to play in GH3 is the first 30 seconds of Cliffs of Dover, and Knights of Cydonia. Rock Band has a lot of GH3's songs, plus FULL ALBUMS.

GH3 has One. Rock Band has One, Enter Sandman, and at least one full studio album. Plus other cool **** like Coheed.

It doesnt have One. Only GH3 has One. Rock Band has enter sandman. Read the set list thing in the news section today.
Seriously, I've played both, and all parts (guitar included) in Rock Band just seem...(can't really find the right word) poorly put together. You have to be 100% spot on, there's no real way to see if you've actually hit or missed a note, and you lose much more quickly. Now I'm all for the game being harder, but it's just frustrating. Plus the drums are so small that it's not too hard to miss them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Wheres the "I'm a conceited douchbag with a superiority complex so I'm going to make fun of a video game" option on the poll? How will I show the world what a cool and likable person I am by ragging on people who enjoy a simple game for not investing years into a real instrument?

HAE GIEZ LMAO GITAR HERO SUX!!11 LURN REEL GITAR FAGOTS
Rock Band doesn't have One.

Rock Band definitely has the potential to have a better song list, but as of right now, I like Guitar Hero's list better. There are a ton of songs on it that I would never listen to, but are still incredibly fun to play on it.
Go get your shovel.
Page 1 of 2