I'm building a guitar for my senior project, and I've been looking around for a premade neck, since that would probably be too hard for me to do on my own. Unfortunately, all I can find are fender-style necks. I have a stratocaster, and I really don't like the feel of the neck on it compared with my Samick Torino (gibson-style neck) Is there anywhere that sells the gibson style necks premade?
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists
www.warmoth.com

You can get them made with a number of options, including thickness and headstock shape.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
www.warmoth.com

You can get them made with a number of options, including thickness and headstock shape.

+1
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

yup, warmoth
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
^ sorry to hijack but can you glue the bolt on warmoth necks?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
You should keep in mind, if you're putting a 24.5" scale Gibson-style neck onto a 25.5" scale Fender-style body, it's going to be pretty messed up. You'll need to change the position of the bridge to make it work.
Well, I'm buying the neck, but I'm building the body myself, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Quote by bokuho
You should keep in mind, if you're putting a 24.5" scale Gibson-style neck onto a 25.5" scale Fender-style body, it's going to be pretty messed up. You'll need to change the position of the bridge to make it work.

Warmoth's 24 3/4" necks are designed to replace 25.5" necks without any trouble, just an intonation adjustment which would be expected when replacing any neck.

Bolt-on necks aren't designed to be glued. If you want to glue a neck, you'll have to start from the ground up. Unless you can find a pre-made set neck.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yeah, that's true, but they're pretty much the only place that I've found
Peace n' love

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!