I'm not buying a new guitar right now(saving up) but I have been looking to decide on what to get. Right now I have a Fender Cyclone and while it's great...it's just not all that special nor wonderful. The reason I started one of these stupid threads was that I would need something that could go from like some indie sort of stuff like mewithoutYou to harder stuff like Atreyu (whom I have become very fond of as of lately). This is just for some recommendations that I may not have thought of. Price would need to be somewhere I guess I could go like $1300 USD at the most as I will be working and saving for a while.
The reason I started one of these stupid threads

stop. there is no reason behind that.

EDIT: ah, just look at PRS.
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
if i were you i would go with a real nice top of the line fender telecaster. You might wanna think about getting one with a humbucker though if you plan on playing stuff like atreyu
fender telecaster
gibson explorer
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by killsPEACHES
if i were you i would go with a real nice top of the line fender telecaster. You might wanna think about getting one with a humbucker though if you plan on playing stuff like atreyu

actully ther got a good growl to them i was quite suprises when i played one

but it could use a boost get one with a hum
and if it needs a kick still get a gibson humbucker

i found one at music go round
15 bucks
sounds great

EDIT:
Fender with a gibson hum
its like forcing slipknot and aqua to work together lol but with better results
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

a ibanez RG

anyone that has the classic dual humbucker single coil pickup combo

great for alot of music styles

and they look great
Fender Strat or Tele. You can get a Fender Deluxe Strat (w/ a humbucker if you want) for about $1200 USD. I have one
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Strat HSS
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Fender Acoustic

Marshall DSL100 Head
Marshall 1960B Cab
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
Vox AC4TV Combo
Quote by traceo
Fender Strat or Tele. You can get a Fender Deluxe Strat (w/ a humbucker if you want) for about $1200 USD. I have one

mines a knockoff of that lol
with a gibson humbucker tho as stated above
Quote by Kensai

I don't know about the telecasters, I've heard them and they're great and everything but like they I don't know I just don't like them all that much and by the way mewithoutYou is probably the lightest stuff I play(besides acoustic stuff of course) I should have said that....
You need a new amp first. Fo' sho'.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
You sir do not need a new amp.

But yeah you should check out some of the schecter stuff, mostly the C-1 Classic, very versatile and quality is great. Only $600, so you'll have a lot left over for a badass pedal set-up.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Awesome. That amp rocks.

For versatility, either a 5 way H-H or H-S-S configured guitar will do well. A Jackson Soloist should handle anything you throw at it. You may even want to look into a custom Carvin like this one, which has an H-S-H like popular Ibanezes. I'd probably try to find someone in your area who has one, though, to see if the playability is good...there's multiple neck radiuses to try out.
yea, I just meant that as my max because that would be about as much as I can muster from working for a very good while...I'm not a fan of Floyd Rose, maybe a trem but I just don't need the Floyd Rose really.
DON'T get an RG.

I'd recommend getting a Schecter C-1 Classic, then with the extra money getting an amp.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it.
Quote by traceo
Fender Strat or Tele. You can get a Fender Deluxe Strat (w/ a humbucker if you want) for about $1200 USD.

+1 tele's sound great when distorted, even with just single coils. i mean surprisingly great. i tried just a plain ol' MIM tele and man that thing could cut thru a mix, on a mid range amp too
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
it's not about the guitar really, I think it's about the pickup configuration. In my opinion the most versatile configuration is HSS, hum single single. You get the strat sound in the neck and the humbucker crunch in the bridge. I don't like having a single in the bridge, it's too stratty. stratty....lol:-)
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
If you look around you can try and get a jackson mark morton dominion for $1300.
Quote by Oligarchy
You can kill my mom, but KEEP YOU HANDS OFF MY DOG, BITCH!

Quote by *Juno*
You Sir, just achieved to date, the biggest pwnage i have seen in my life

you> me
Quote by Entendu
yea, I just meant that as my max because that would be about as much as I can muster from working for a very good while...I'm not a fan of Floyd Rose, maybe a trem but I just don't need the Floyd Rose really.

Ah, the Carvin can do that (check Wilkinson under options). There are HSS guitars as well...the Bolt-ons will easily fit your budget no matter what options you add to them.

The alternative HSS would be looking at these Fenders and figuring out which one offers the features you want.