Dear god, so my government teacher gave me this scavenger hunt and expects it to be turned in tomorrow, but does not seem to realize that she has not actually taught us most of what is on it. I'm going to be amazed if this works, but I'm willing to try anything right now because I have a ridiculous amount of homework to do and slaving away on a damn scavenger hunt is not an ideal allocation of my time. If anyone is bored or feels like helping, here are the clues:

1) Congress is fulfilling this role/function when holding special investigations (9 letters)

2) The "traffic cop" of business in the House of Representatives (2 words, 5 / 9 letters)

3) Experts claim a congressman must maximize this in order to get reelected (2 words, 4 / 11 letters)

4) Mushroom and Sunbelt are examples of these informal congressional organizations (6 letters)

5) The required daily log of what goes on in Congress is called this (2 words, 8 / 5 letters)

6) Responsible for Ironing out differences between legislation passed in both houses (2 words, 10 / 9 letters)

7) Phrase used to describe pet projects for a congressman's state or district ( 2 words, 4 / 6 letters)

8) Activity congressmen engage in to help smooth out problems for the folks back home (2 words, 4 / 4 letters)

9) Tactic used by individuals or groups seeking to influence a congressman's vote (5 letters)

10) The general practice rule by which committee chairmen are selected (9 letters)

11) Privilege given way to stop legislation (10 letters)

I would greatly appreciate all help by any concerned citizens / bored people / people intimate with politics.
Quote by Shattuck

9) Tactic used by individuals or groups seeking to influence a congressman's vote (5 letters)
lobby.

I know some others but can't think of any.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Also, 4 might be Caucus.

A caucus is a party gathering, not a congressional organization
Quote by colin617
A caucus is a party gathering, not a congressional organization

Yeah, yeah, but I seem to think they call themselves caucuses in that case too.

Also, the Congressional Sunbelt Caucus definitely exists.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Ir8sob
11:filibuster

"privilege given" ?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

yep, those are the only ones, and thanks very much to everyone who is helping, I am really surprised this many people would take time from their lives to help out on this.
Well I'm blank on the last three. Good luck, and hopefully this little bumpage will get the right people here for you.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa