gah,their just bassically moving up and down a scale at super fast speed right? do you pick the string for every note on each string,or do you pick one and hammer the other? issit possible for me to pick both notes and continue?any tips on how i can fasten the rate or speed?
When I sweep, I strike each string at least once with my pick, although there are frequent hammer ons.
practice it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again til you get it, with a metronome, all you can really do.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I usually hammer on, as it makes the whole thing smoother, as my pick doesn't have to change directions.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
but what if 2 notes are placed on the first string...when i sweep downwards i hit one,but i don't HAVE TO hammer on the other note right?instead i can hit the 2nd note on the return trip upwards right?
I always pick every note when I play sweeps. If you hit one note on the first string, chances are you're going back up, so just hit the other one with the initial upstroke. Doesn't work if you're going to be hanging out on the first string for a while.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I usually hammer espically if the scale has this in it:
---14-15-14------

otherwise it will be straight picking 4 me but i'll try wat SG Man Forever says.

Erm, vid lessons?
Youtube..............there are some great ones there, the only artist lesson i know there is by syn. gates but its rather sloppy
so...basically its all about timing and all? and yes..i've tried youtube...herman li helping me quite a bit..