That's a pretty good deal, with the money you save, you can get some better pickups.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
http://www.guitars.com/photo/EX0981b.jpg

Thats a pretty good metal guitar, I mean its made of metal so its pretty metal.

Guitars aren't "metal", the amps you play them through can make them sound "metal". God damn.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
You may want to look into this one (inquiry about what the dent/scratches are). But yeah, if you like it, get it. Metal is mostly defined by what you plug the guitar into. The woods on that, as well as the string-thrus, should give you great tone. If you want a tiny bit more oomph or bolder character in your tone AFTER buying the amp you want, then look into a replacement hot bridge pickup.
what kind of metal, thrash, death, hardcore/metalcore, shred...? or all of the above?
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by Fast_Fingers
You may want to look into this one (inquiry about what the dent/scratches are). But yeah, if you like it, get it. Metal is mostly defined by what you plug the guitar into. The woods on that, as well as the string-thrus, should give you great tone. If you want a tiny bit more oomph or bolder character in your tone AFTER buying the amp you want, then look into a replacement hot bridge pickup.

is there some catch to the price being so low??? its 449$ everywhere else
Quote by punk_rocker101
what kind of metal, thrash, death, hardcore/metalcore, shred...? or all of the above?

all
Quote by otniel01
is there some catch to the price being so low??? its 449$ everywhere else

It's last year's model (it usually sells for $320 there). You've just got to ask them about what's knocked about it...they may send pictures. They're a good company, so I don't think it'll be seriously damaged during delivery.
then id say any ibanez would do you well, cept the mikros and gios, obviously
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
$300 is a rly good price for that guitar... depends how used it is I think though, hehe :P

anyways... i have that guitar, and I think it is rly good! I would recommend getting that guitar!! Bends are rly easy... the stock pickups aren't too bad, although like most stock pickups in this kind of price range... they could be better :P sounds great still tho through my roland cube 30x. neck is rly nice and comfy imo, and it isn't too big or heavy

it looks pretty sexy too (i have the black one). mine's been staying in tune quite well, and plays great! i've had it for about 2 months now... no dents and scratches yes, hehe
well, its pretty much in mint cond. aside from the bottom string that needs to be set lower, or maybe it was the strings on the guitar because that string fel really loose off the guitar compared to the others..

but year it looks sick, especially the set neck in white
^

v_v

Are you intentionally trying to sabotage him, do you know nothing about guitars, or is this a joke? NEVER get a sub-400 LTD. They sound no better than Squiers and cost more.

Guitars aren't "metal", the amps you play them through can make them sound "metal". God damn.

There are features than make a guitar metal oriented. Fast, flat necks and high-output pickups for example.
Quote by Arbitror
^

v_v

Are you intentionally trying to sabotage him, do you know nothing about guitars, or is this a joke? NEVER get a sub-400 LTD. They sound no better than Squiers and cost more.

There are features than make a guitar metal oriented. Fast, flat necks and high-output pickups for example.

but they look better. besides the dude isnt rich, let him get what he wants
Quote by fadetowhite
but they look better. besides the dude isnt rich, let him get what he wants

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get a guitar because it looks better, that SZ is 10 times better than that esp. THe SZ plays better, made of MUCH better wood, its a set neck, and is a great guitar for the price

go for it dude.