Page 1 of 3
I know there a shoes typically known as skater shoes and all like Vans and such, but are there any shoes that are typically considered "Guitar Shoes"? And yes I know Fender makes *Expensive* shoes. =P
Feed your mind.
There are shoes typical to particular genres....Converse to punk for example.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
i just wear skate shoes, because i believe the only people allowed to wear them and not be posers are skaters, guitarist, and people who are both.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
No.

EDIT: and if you buy a special brand of shoes for playing guitar, you are either:

a) the biggest ****ing poser on the planet.

b) completely stupid

OR

both.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138
i just wear skate shoes, because i believe the only people allowed to wear them and not be posers are skaters, guitarist, and people who are both.

And I believe you're an idiot
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138

I'm fairly certain the condom broke, am I right?
Feed your mind.
Air Jordans make you play so much faster.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
dimebag sported converse so its not just for punk but generally when i play i wear my harley davidson boots cause you look like a total bad ass and when you're rocking the wah with them on it feels so right
I'm pretty sure there aren't any "guitar shoes". Shoes are just that, shoes. Maybe skaters tend to wear "skater shoes" more than people who aren't skaters, but just because you're not a skater doesn't mean you can't wear them.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
i've seen alot of local bands wearing the checkerd slip on vans.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
There are shoes typical to particular genres....Converse to punk for example.

Not really. I saw a vid from '86 with James Hetfield wearing them. Buckethead wears them too.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by Firebread
I know there a shoes typically known as skater shoes and all like Vans and such, but are there any shoes that are typically considered "Guitar Shoes"? And yes I know Fender makes *Expensive* shoes. =P

pssh. you don't need shoes to play guitar. i play my guitar in socks!
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138

you are a sterotypical moron

i wear them cause there comfortable

if you call me a poser for wearing comfortable shoes your ****ing retarted
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by mr moustache

there it is socks are guitar shoes ive seen guitarists take off there shoes on stage to rock the wah
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by mr moustache

well i play wearing no shoes

Jack my swag
I wear whatever the hell fits, and I can afford. When you spend your money on pedals, guitars and amps, you have almost nothing left for clothes in general.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
so its settled the new official shoes of guitarists are

weak ass drum roll

SOCKS!!!!!
Quote by Kensai

Meh I was wondering if we had any shoes generalized with a guitarists image not "Lolz which shooz makes me play fast like teh dragon farce?"
Feed your mind.
I had Guitar Shoes before but the High E lace kept breaking whenever I adjusted the tongue.
Wear whatever is comfortable. I wear Vans and Athletic Works because they're really comfortable.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I wear flip-flops.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I wear Vans also, they're damn comfy, just wondering what you all think of as guitar shoes.
Feed your mind.
Quote by Firebread
I was wondering if we had any shoes generalized with a guitarists image not "Lolz which shooz makes me play fast like teh dragon farce?"

Quote by SkyValley
I had Guitar Shoes before but the High E lace kept breaking whenever I adjusted the tongue.

sigged
Quote by Kensai

Fender sells Bass guitars with Shoes for 800 dollars....
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138

I don't get that whole thing with skate shoes having to be worn by only skaters. Everyone who wears basketball shoes can't play basketball.

And really, if you're choosing your shoes because you want to show off that you play guitar, you might wanna rethink that.

Personally, I like these:

Quote by SkyValley

Fuxxing Genius!
Sigged.

I wear skate shoes or actual basketball Converse, not just the old-skool high-tops.
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138

+1 (i'm both)
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
It's all preference. I've seen guitarists who wear heavy boots and I've seen guitarist that don't wear shoes at all when they're playing. I usually play with only socks on or no shoes, but if I wear shoes, I just wear what I always wear.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Style's important, but everyone has their own and judging people based on it ala hardcore-skater-not-poser guy from the first page is pretty stupid. I wear Etnies, because they're comfortable, and the particular model (Bernie Seed Project) is environmentally friendly. I also wear Sperry's, which are, A, yachting shoes, and B, only popular in Eastern North Carolina, because they're comfy and they look classy, despite that I don't yacht.

Speaking of which, here's an interesting tidbit from a conversation I had with the other guitarist in my band today.

Other guitarist: "Dude, you're wearing a Hollister shirt? You look like a gay rich prep."
Me: "Hey, it was the first shirt in my closet. But yeah, that Metallica shirt, how much did that cost?"
Other guitarist: "Like $18 at Hot Topic."
Me: "Yeah, mine was $8 on sale."
I buy most of my clothes at Good Will and my shoes come from K-Mart. Hardly any of my shirts say anything on them. *Shrugs* oh well at least I save craploads of money.
Quote by icaneatcatfood

"That guy must not be very good at guitar, I mean, just look at his shoes!"

Sigged
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Diesel shoes are the most comfortable for playing in.

John Frusciante wears them, as do I
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Page 1 of 3