This dude is selling a Ampeg BA115 AV for $200 close by. I have been planning on getting this bass amp as my next amp. I currently have a Drive 20w bass amp and a Yamaha RXB170 bass. I don't feel I deserve an amp like this yet though I am nearly positive I will be playing bass for years to come, I really love it and I think I am pretty good for how long I have been playing (yea look at me gloat). I have plenty of money and I am sure the resale value of this is over $200 alone.

What do you think? This seems like a great deal but IDK, it just seems to soon. I feel I am not worthy.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
As long as you are serious about it, try to get the best gear that you can. There is no rule stating "You must be this good to buy this amp/bass" and learning on good equipment will most likely be an advantage in the long run.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
buy it and lock it in a closet

you are not yet ready for an ampeg, young grasshopper.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Go for it...by all means. Just make sure it's not damaged or anything like that.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
as long as it works and still sounds ok, i'd go for it. it goes for $350 new, so that's good.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
My friend felt the same way when his Aunt got him a $3000 Marshal Halfstack for him when he had been playing guitar only 8 months.
Musical equipment is an investment, too. This amp isn't like spending $200 on dancing lessons and realizing you're not a dancer. It's not like spending $200 trying to pick up a chick at a night club and realizing you're ugly. If you get the amp and feel you're out of your league, you can sell it. You yourself said you should be able to resell it at a similar price - why not go for it?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I hate it when people think they have to be at a certain level of ability in order to get better equipment.

I say get the best you can afford/want to spend.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
just dont let anyone see you play with that amp till your a god, my buddy learned guitar on a 1250$ sg/amp combo, and now hes godly, if better equipment makes you practice more and get better then go for it.
Just because you haven't played for a while doesn't mean you can't have good equipment. Go for it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Oh god, Buy it! Buy it! You deserve it! Anarkee says so!

I waffled when buying my Ampeg B3150 for the same reasons you are right now, but ended up buying it. Best decision of my life. And your bass will sound so good, it will push you to new levels of playing!
+1 for buying it

i find every time i buy any new part for my rig it inspires me to play and learn anyway, so you'll end up good enough for it anyway

Quote by Funkbass796
I hate it when people think they have to be at a certain level of ability in order to get better equipment.

I say get the best you can afford/want to spend.

but i could spend $1200 on 8x10 stack, but i think THAT might be a little over board...
Last edited by Flea_Is_God at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by Flea_Is_God
+1 for buying it

i find every time i buy any new part for my rig it inspires me to play and learn anyway, so you'll end up good enough for it anyway

but i could spend $1200 on 8x10 stack, but i think THAT might be a little over board...

That wasn't the point. The point was don't let your skill prevent you from buying what you want to.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Funkbass796
That wasn't the point. The point was don't let your skill prevent you from buying what you want to.

that was the point, i don't think i'm worthy of an 8x10 stack...
I just go by what my dad says, though this mainly is with guitars (he is a guitarist himself). He says that if you can tell the differance when playing a higher quality instrument, then you are good enough to buy it. With amps it's differant, to start with you just want somthing that will get you the noise you need to be heard.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!