Right me and a mate from my class were arguing about this today and decided to ask our teacher to have a debate in class which he agreed to but i cant find much to back my ideas up.

The discussion is about the ethics of psychology and whether or not the are limiting research and understanding of memory,storage,development etc and im arguing that they are limiting the research.

So yeah any help/links to anything helpful would be appreciated

Thanks

The British nation is unique in this respect. They are the only people who like to be told how bad things are, who like to be told the worst.
- Winston Churchill
You're being a little vague.

In general, yes ethics do limit scientific/psychological/etc research, but you need restrictions... The nazis did a lot of research and learned a lot by doing terrible things.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Yes they are limiting the research because there are certain things that are just unethical to do. The only thing you have to say is that they are limiting it because they cant do certain things. Then your friend will most likely say yes because its unethical. Then you say but if it was ethical then they could do it and figure out a lot more stuff, therefore its limiting the research. Then your friend will most likely whine like a pussy and say butbutbut human rights :'( then you say you dont get it tardass i hate you. then do his girlfriend.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Quote by larryjohnson
Yes they are limiting the research because there are certain things that are just unethical to do. The only thing you have to say is that they are limiting it because they cant do certain things. Then your friend will most likely say yes because its unethical. Then you say but if it was ethical then they could do it and figure out a lot more stuff, therefore its limiting the research. Then your friend will most likely whine like a pussy and say butbutbut human rights :'( then you say you dont get it tardass i hate you. then do his girlfriend.

that last line sold me. hahahahaha

i don't really think that they're limiting it... i mean, they do what they can with the resources they have. no money=no research... it's all their funding, yo
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
What?
The research is limited. It's a fact.
I don't think that point is even debated on.

I think it's extremely stupid to have a debate on something that has already been established.

Shorter Answer: Don't be stupid and have a pointless debate.