Page 1 of 2
A few weeks back, someone posted a link to a misslebase for sale on ebay: here Then someone came up with the best Idea ever: Have UG buy the missle base!

We would need at least 100,000 people. each of those people would have to be willing to pay $20 each (to a lawyer of course, to make a joint payment, cant trust anyone on here ). That would get us the missle base in full, AND $500,000 worth of renovations.

The bad news is, right now the group is only up to about 400 people, so we need a more realistic goal: 15,000 people would pay $20 to make the down payment of $300,000 , and THEN 50 cents a month for 3 years.

The problem is, We arent getting enough people fast enough. Heres something I came up with, to help maybe get this done:

If we want this dream to become a reality, we need to get serious. This guy will have the listing up until January (?) about, and we are growing, but not fast enough. Heres my plan:

1. Get the word out. devout most of our energy not in method of payment but in spreading the word. Those who join this forum will be deemed serious. Branch out to other websites, talk about it at school, do whatever possible. Goal is 1,000 proud by the end of November. At that point we will have gotten the ball rolling fast enough for the next point...

2. Decision December. We should be getting in enough members and such to begin thinking about payment. I think if the number is below 5000 people, we should collect enough for the downpayment, and then pay monthly ($7000 monthly). If the number of people is above 5000 by mid-late december, we should shoot for the 1.5 mill straight up.

3. Legal arrangements. Get a member of this project (preferably 18+) to get a lawyer, so we can make a joint payment on the misslebase. I don't know too much about this subject though, so we will need to break out the law experts of UG.

4. Speical. I think if you payed the base-payment, then you get access at all times, and if you payed more than the base-payment, you get a plaque on the wall. anyone agree or disagree?

5. Party

6. Renovations Start fundraising for renovations (but thats another project )

And yeah, thats my plan. Opinions?
It would be kool especiallly considering i live in WA but it would never work.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Fuck yeah! Im in.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
How about we buy it and forget about renovations? How much would it cost then?
Also, where is it?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
yeah!
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Quote by soul_power

Why wont it work? I admit, it does seem INCREDIBLY unlikely, but I honestly think that if we get enough people, it will come together.

EDIT: to jthm_guitarist, all the information is on the page. If we get 100,000 people without renovations, it would be $15. The number for the 15,000 people is how much it would be without renovations.
Hey guys if we all work together we can do it!!!!
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Once you have 15,000, owning it collectively is a bitch. That's not a lot of space for 15,000 people to occupy.

Though if we bought surrounding land, we COULD make our own country. In that case, I'm in. I'll put in $100 for the initial payment at $10 a month until it's paid off, but I get to be King Schneider, Ruler of Schneidoria. Schneidoria would be the name of our nation, and I would rule it.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I'm in.

Depending on how much cash you need from me.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by captainjackass
Why wont it work? I admit, it does seem INCREDIBLY unlikely, but I honestly think that if we get enough people, it will come together.

Well for one you would have to get people to work there. I mean how are you gonna keep it members only if you don't have someone working at the gate or something? Basically in order to do that you would have to find someone on UG in central WA who basically has no plans for their life. Not to mention you have the lifetime commitment of taxes, electricity, water, internet (optional), cable (optional). Yeah your plan might work for buying/restoring it but what about the bigger picture? Who are you going to get to maintain and clean it and whatnot? Contractors? What happens when the extra money runs out?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
helz yea im in!!
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group

"Internet Guitar forum buys missle base"
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Schneiderman
Once you have 15,000, owning it collectively is a bitch. That's not a lot of space for 15,000 people to occupy.

Though if we bought surrounding land, we COULD make our own country. In that case, I'm in. I'll put in $100 for the initial payment at $10 a month until it's paid off, but I get to be King Schneider, Ruler of Schneidoria. Schneidoria would be the name of our nation, and I would rule it.

Its not like everyone is going to constantly be there... I myself only plan on visiting it like, once a year at most. Lol, thatd be bitchin if you paid $100
Quote by soul_power

i live there too. spokane to be exact

but you put alot of effort into this idea, especially compared to most of the pits ideas. kudos for that

and im totally for it!
Call me Trey.
Quote by soul_power
Well for one you would have to get people to work there. I mean how are you gonna keep it members only if you don't have someone working at the gate or something? Basically in order to do that you would have to find someone on UG in central WA who basically has no plans for their life. Not to mention you have the lifetime commitment of taxes, electricity, water, internet (optional), cable (optional). Yeah your plan might work for buying/restoring it but what about the bigger picture? Who are you going to get to maintain and clean it and whatnot? Contractors? What happens when the extra money runs out?

As ruler of Schneidoria, I will put in place economical and occupational policies to ensure efficient running of the country.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
As ruler of Schneidoria, I will put in place economical and occupational policies to ensure efficient running of the country.

Dude lets get serious here, u live in NY. I mean it would be awesome if it happened and all but seriously what happens when people start flaking out and someone gets in some major debt? After that you will have a bunch of pissed off UG'ers who want their money back and a bunch of pissed off lawyers trying to sue the pissed off UG'ers.
EDIT: Like I said its a good idea but the odds of it falling through are VERY slim. If anyone is actually serious about this then they need to get a lawyer NOW and figure out how this is gonna have to work.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power

Jesus?

But really, Not like we have to be uberstrict about members only. maybe if we get paranoid, a card-scan gate. I think it has its own power generators, im not to sure about water though. this IS one of the few bases with working plumbing. Also, im not sure about taxes. If this is joint owned and such does anyone know how taxes would work? Its not like anyone would permanantly live there (i hope not.) Im pretty sure people on here would volunteer to clean it like, once every 5-10 years...

What we need to worry about right now though is getting people in place. once we do that, well contact a lawyer and figure this out.
If we buy it, it'll turn into a total bum-hole.
By "Bum-Hole" I mean bums will live in it.

...it'll probably smell like a bum hole too

EDIT:
Quote by captainjackass
Also, im not sure about taxes.

Declare it a Church.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Last edited by bodyheatseeker at Nov 1, 2007,
Quote by soul_power

I live in Ellensburg... so I'm closer to the Missile Base. Soo... give me the money, and I'll buy it for us.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I really do wanna contribute if it gets UG closer to owning a missle base but what exactly would I have to do or how exactly do I pay?
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

i think we can do it!! try to get the word out a lil more
Quote by Gunpowder
This article just proves that we should never underestimate the deadly potential of baked goods.

Quote by Gunpowder
This, my friends, is the quintessence of average Pit-goer's thought process & logic.

UG MISSILE BASE !
UG's Hate Crew group
What would UG do with a missle base anyway?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
What would UG do with a missle base anyway?

I think the better question is "What WOULDN'T UG do with a missle base?"
Ben
If you're going to buy the damn thing, you should at least know that it's spelled 'missile'.
<Han> I love Hitler
...I think you're taking the amusing premise a little too far.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Wtf would we do with a huge ass missile silo? Within legal limits of course, I mean, we could blow up Russia but then the KGB would hunt down all members of the UG community. And the fact i got no money =[

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Wtf would we do with a huge ass missile silo? Within legal limits of course, I mean, we could blow up Russia but then the KGB would hunt down all members of the UG community. And the fact i got no money =[

Dude, UG is run by the KGB.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Not to mention the fact that without Russia there wouldn't even be a UG community.
If UG can do this, it would mark the biggest joint project actually accomplished on the internet
Quote by Zeppelin08
I busted a nut because my g-string was too tight.

Quote by rexreeper99
Hendrix. he played jazz right? lol. im real bad with names.

i guess jazz could work

add me up http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/cactus/
Cool idea, but I'm going to say this just as carefully as possible so I don't overstate it. Most visionary, unlikely, impossible idea ever, 100% will not ever get off the ground.

But have fun.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Dude, UG is run by the KGB.

But soon the KGB will be run by UG. There will be no stopping the power of an internet tab website
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
I can say with absolute certainty that I will give 20 euros towards the fund if and only you get 1000 people before me.
Page 1 of 2