I want to buy a second guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard/Custom to be specific.

However, I live in New Zealand and the guitars are ridiculously over-priced here ($1300NZD for Custom) so I want to buy the guitar from the U.S or another online retailer (pref US) which I can get for only about $700NZD. The thing is that every US online music store I check doesn't ship overseas to NZ.

My question is, does anyone know of US online stores that ship overseas, to NZ? I also want to know what the main differences are between the Les Paul Standard and Custom (apart from the fact the the Custom looks better).

Thanks, help greatly appreciated .
does that mean you know FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!??! hahahah
Quote by Slanger
I want to buy a second guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard/Custom to be specific.

However, I live in New Zealand and the guitars are ridiculously over-priced here ($1300NZD for Custom) so I want to buy the guitar from the U.S or another online retailer (pref US) which I can get for only about $700NZD. The thing is that every US online music store I check doesn't ship overseas to NZ.

My question is, does anyone know of US online stores that ship overseas, to NZ? I also want to know what the main differences are between the Les Paul Standard and Custom (apart from the fact the the Custom looks better).

Thanks, help greatly appreciated .

Which ones have you tried? musiciansfriend.com? americanmusical.com? music123.com?
I've tried musiciansfriend.com, harmonycentral.com, amazon.com, and a couple of other ones which I can't remember.

I've also tried music123.com but I'm not sure if they ship internationally, on the site it says:

Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico can only be shipped via air services. Additional shipping charges will apply.

So this means they ship internationally? I don't know about NZ though, might have to ask them.

Thanks for the link Chorduroy, I'll see if I can find out if they ship to NZ but it costs money to ring them . I'll check online to see if they do.
Last edited by Slanger at Nov 2, 2007,
Quote by Slanger
I've tried musiciansfriend.com, harmonycentral.com, amazon.com, and a couple of other ones which I can't remember.

I've also tried music123.com but I'm not sure if they ship internationally, on the site it says:

Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico can only be shipped via air services. Additional shipping charges will apply.

So this means they ship internationally? I don't know about NZ though, might have to ask them.

Those other places are still in the US, so I guess New Zealand is an open question. Seems like someone should be willing to ship to you if you are willing to pay the freight.
I'm not too worried about the shipping cost because it will still be cheaper than if I buy a guitar here, however, if the guitar arrives damaged it would suck because I'd have to pay for the return shipping and lose a lot of money.
Quote by Slanger
I'm not too worried about the shipping cost because it will still be cheaper than if I buy a guitar here, however, if the guitar arrives damaged it would suck because I'd have to pay for the return shipping and lose a lot of money.

Right. Maybe if you get on the phone and tell them you are not afraid of the shipping charge, they will be willing to help you. What model guitar are you looking for?
I just sent them an e-mail asking if they ship to NZ.

Right now I'm looking at the Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom and possibly the Ibanez RG350DX. I'm mostly into classic rock and some heavy metal like Metallica, G N R, Scorpions, AC/DC
Quote by Slanger
I just sent them an e-mail asking if they ship to NZ.

Right now I'm looking at the Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom and possibly the Ibanez RG350DX. I'm mostly into classic rock and some heavy metal like Metallica, G N R, Scorpions, AC/DC

Sounds like good stuff. Rock on.
Thanks for the link but what does the site actually do? Is it a compilation of stores that ship internationally?
Your best bet would be for someone in the states to buy it for you, and have it shipped via air. That is, if you know anyone in the US.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Slanger
Thanks for the link but what does the site actually do? Is it a compilation of stores that ship internationally?

its a site that ships inetrnationally for lots of different stores

basically u got a choice between a few music stroes, find wot u want then order it thru the international store, they're in partnership and wotnot
lespaulrocks39, I don't have anyone in the US but I do have family in Canada, however the sites that I've visited don't ship to Canada either.

Gnomestar, this sounds really good but does this mean that I pay more shipping/tax?

I just checked and shipping for guitars is $125 minimum >.>

If I buy one I hope to God it arrives in perfect condition and works lol.
Differences are:
-Customs----standard
-goldhardware(may fade over time)---Normal Chrome hardware
-slightly better pickups than standard
-cool diamond shape on the headstock---no diamond shape
-White one is an ownage colour but standards do not have white
-May come with hardcase---Rarely comes with hardcase
-Black cool lokking knobs---Vintage but still cool looking gold knobs
-Black pickguard with some sort of binding----standard cream-white pickguard
Last edited by FenderStRaT RS at Nov 2, 2007,
^ probably not the company would ship it through those services...so you might actually save money using them as opposed to a normal service like fedex or ups....look into and see what it says...but i don't think you would have to pay more...
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by Slanger

Gnomestar, this sounds really good but does this mean that I pay more shipping/tax?

most liely so u gotta work it all out as to what is cheaper

i dunno wot the agreements with new zealand is but there is a free trade agreement with OZ

by the looks of things a guitar is gonan cost u around $170 US
I'm not sure with the shipping but the prices on music123.com look extremely tempting.
$300 for Standard and $450 for Custom, best I've seen. Even if I end up paying $400 for shipping I end up getting it cheaper lol.

My only worry is that I get a lemon and I have to send it back.

Thanks for the reply Fender.
i wouldn't worry about getting a lemon from music123....i got a les paul from them and it worked perfectly and was packaged to with stand nucllear warfare! so go with them! its a great store and they are really nice when you have questions...!
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
^ I still recommned u buy one from ur local music store or in ur own country so at least u wont get a guitar in pieces
SchecterFreak - Alright, but I'm gonna blame it on you if I get a lemon. Just kidding :P .

I'll see if I can get one shipped from music123.com then .

Fender - Yeah I would if the guitar would cost $500 instead of $1000.
yeah you can blame me :P it doesn't matter to me! i don't have to pay for it! lol but you will be fine just make sure you order insurance with it... that is the best thing you can do... if it is damaged then the company that shipped it eats the costs of shipping and the price of the item.... plus they send you a new one or you can get your monies back and go somewhere else!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by Slanger
SchecterFreak - Alright, but I'm gonna blame it on you if I get a lemon. Just kidding :P .

I'll see if I can get one shipped from music123.com then .

Fender - Yeah I would if the guitar would cost $500 instead of $1000.

500 only?considered insurance,taxes,shipping cost n delivery?
It actually comes out to $551 for a Standard inc. shipping but I have no idea how much insurance costs, does anyone know where I can find out. Is it on the site or do I have to contact the shipping company?

It actually comes out to $844 because the $300USD ones are refurbished so if I can't get cheaper shipping I guess it's the local guitar store :-/ .