I don't know if anyone's caught wind of this, or if it's happened to you, but where I live, someone's hacked a few of my friends' accounts. Yes, it's the internet, and it was bound to happene eventually. But I thought I'd give you the heads up.

The three times I got sent stuff it was someone saying "O look ay my pic 4 myspace" or "O look at this pic of me. I think it's ugly." or stuff like that, and they send a file that's supposed to be a picture, but is in fact a .zip file. I made the mistake of opening it once, and my messenger went haywire and sent stuff I didn't type/send (including the file that I opened). If you get something like this, don't bother. Just close the window. When I opened it, I couldn't change my status to sign out. So the way it looks, someone DOES get into your MSN account. Just thought I'd offer a heads up. Take care everyone.
Quote by snipelfritz
I never thought I'd say this, but Bloody Piss sounds damn good.

The Iced Earth Thread
thanks for the warning dude, ill look out 4 it
Quote by xolax
So, any of you people on here use GIMP? Im starting to get into it and would love to see what you have come up with before.
You're welcome J-Fo. I don't want anyone to get their MSN hacked, because it can hurt you if someone does that, depending on what you have in your profile (mail and such). I think it's pathetic that people do that. But then again, it's MSN. Alot of people use it. So on the other side, the people hacking it can do quite a bit. But yeah. You're welcome man. Tell your friends too so it don't happen to them.
Quote by snipelfritz

The Iced Earth Thread
that happened to me once. it never really affected my messenger though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Like 1/2 the people in my list have it cause they are n00bs for opening a zip file that says, look I found your picture on Facebook.

Stupid n00bs
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
That's why you ask them what it is first.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Don't you guys get the "so and so would like to add you to their contacts, yes/no?"

People can't send me msgs unless they're in my contacts. =/
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
^^the person that sent it to me first was someone i deleted but they didn't delete me.

I guess I can believe it's been going on. But it's just now happening to me. And i figured i'd give a heads up to anyone on here who didn't know so they don't get screwed over. no harm, no foul.
Quote by snipelfritz

The Iced Earth Thread
I have an autovirus scan for all files that I recieve.
Plus I know that an image file doesn't end in ".zip" or ".exe"

Havn't had a virus through msn since, forever.

Once this random added me on msn, and he seemed like a bit of a pedo, so I linked him to goatse, lol
I got that before, pain in t' arse. Cheers for the heads up TS.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Thanks for the heads up.

I'd also like to plug in a warning for people that use Yahoo(is there anyone that still uses YIM?). Last year my brother was using it and a friend of his(not really his friend, just someone that hacked into his friend's account) sent him a picture and he opened it. It was a naked picture of an old lady(and a virus that let that script kiddie take over my brother's account and send it to more people).

It was hell trying to get rid of it, but an antivirus program called AVG got rid of it(Google it if you want to download it; it's a free and cool program).

It's crazy how easy it is to get your stuff messed up with these messenger programs.

Thanks again for the heads up.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by OffspringPhreak
Thanks for the heads up.

I'd also like to plug in a warning for people that use Yahoo(is there anyone that still uses YIM?). Last year my brother was using it and a friend of his(not really his friend, just someone that hacked into his friend's account) sent him a picture and he opened it. It was a naked picture of an old lady(and a virus that let that script kiddie take over my brother's account and send it to more people).

It was hell trying to get rid of it, but an antivirus program called AVG got rid of it(Google it if you want to download it; it's a free and cool program).

It's crazy how easy it is to get your stuff messed up with these messenger programs.

Thanks again for the heads up.

I had all sorts of problems with AVG. It's better than nothing, but there are better free virus scanners out there.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by HaKattack
1998 called, it wants its virus back.

That's why I have AVG, and I don't message (I probably wouldn't anyway, but whatever).

PinkEdit: ^Name a free anti-virus better than AVG, I've never had any problems (or viruses) with it.
Happens all the time to me, I knew the first time and I still know not to accept

I'm smart!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
That's not hacking you, it's just a virus i believe. I get them often, I'm just too awesome to accept. (joking)
People who are stupid enough to open a .zip file thinking it's a picture shouldn't have a bloody computer.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Lots of my friends have this virus, it's actually more annoying trying to talk to someone when they have the virus than it is to have it yourself.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by julio1987
Nod32= **** you MSN virus!

+1
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by Dinkydaisy
People who are stupid enough to open a .zip file thinking it's a picture shouldn't have a bloody computer.

+1

Unless it's a compilation of pictures.

..Ha! Didn't think of that one did ya?
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by SamTotman
+1

Unless it's a compilation of pictures.

..Ha! Didn't think of that one did ya?

I'd like to think my friends wouldn't be dumb enough to just randomly send me a bunch of pictures without telling me about it first
<Han> I love Hitler
wow, I really must look out for those cleverly disguised picture files....

HOW THE HELL did you manage to confuse a .jpg file extension for a .zip??!?!?!?!???!?!?!!!?

n00b.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by HaKattack
1998 called, it wants its virus back.

derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.