own one. the favorite amp that i have played to date...for metal......blues mmmm not really, when you purchase a fireball there is really no going back. i can post a clip if you want to hear it in action....
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
own one. the favorite amp that i have played to date...for metal......blues mmmm not really, when you purchase a fireball there is really no going back. i can post a clip if you want to hear it in action....

alright kool thnx
yea it is a metal amp...nothing else....though the best ive ever played!!!
if you want a more versatile amp you should take the engl blackmore or the screamer!
the blackmore can handle blues quite good...
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
the clean is ok, i mean for a high gain amp its far better than average, but comparing it to my fender twin.....

maybe if you use the clean channel and throw on a tube screamer you could do blues well??? i rarely use the clean.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
no the fireball was made for metal - so thats its preferred territory
the cleans are veeeeeeeeery nice...though no fender cleans (which are the best i've ever heard)
you can only play clean or destorted with the fireball...there simply is no in between!
but as i sad above - the blackmore might be perfect for you!
my gear:

Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
No. Clean + Metal are two sounds it does awesomely. Don't expect anything else though.

+1

screamer or blackmore, or if you have more cash, savage se/se/possibly savage and invader (haven't tried those two) are the engls you should be looking at for that.

Though at that higher price range, you have a lot of options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Or just buy the Fireball and grab an OD/Dist. Pedal like I did.

Jekyll and Hyde FTW!
Well the Fireball does has some different sounds tbh..

The bright and depth switch can do alot! If you have a singlecoil splitter on your axe.. Things will be quite versatile..

But, there are deffinetly better versatile amps for the money
but who needs versitile when you have the metals
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
hmm thnx everyone. i play more then this but this is to give an idea of wat im into bb king, clapton, ted nugent, black sabbath, randy rhoads, slayer, children of bodom, arch enemy, paul gilbert. im looking for any amp that can handle all of this. doesnt have to be engl
Last edited by Devilman2020 at Nov 3, 2007,
Yeah, isn't that amp a bit to expensive?

Looked at laney amps? They're quite good for the cash
The Mark IV can be found cheaper than a new Fireball pretty easily if you go used...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by hoondog
but who needs versitile when you have the metals

lol your so right!!!!!!!!!!!

i say it once again: TAKE THE ****ING ENGL BLACKMORE!!!!!
my gear:

Quote by MatrixClaw
The Mark IV can be found cheaper than a new Fireball pretty easily if you go used...

If you are located in the US right?

ENGL fireballs are around €700 here.. (holland)
Quote by Tarzan_man
Or just buy the Fireball and grab an OD/Dist. Pedal like I did.

Jekyll and Hyde FTW!
That's what I'd do. A Screamer with a Tubescreamer nails low-mid gain tones as well as the nice high gain and the gorgeous cleans.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by ever dying
If you are located in the US right?

ENGL fireballs are around €700 here.. (holland)

Yes, on the TS's profile it says he's from New York.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

yeah, it definitely pays to be sensible with what's good value where you are...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks everyone, i appreciate ur help, i think im gonna go with the engl blackmore, but i gotta try it out before i make my final chioce.
i compliment you on your choice!!!

and yes always test an amp before buying....but im sure you'll love the blackmore!!!
my gear: