saddened faces swept across america today as many learned of the news that Stephen Colbert will not be able to run for president of the united states of america.

read the woeful tale here
Kick Ass Ska from the New Orleans Area

Quote by jetfuel495
Quote by DamageMachine
Could be Super AIDS

omfg like in resident evil 4? with the tentacles coming out of his head?

LAS PLAGAS!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
I like boobs
Damn, i sound like a rugmuncher today, haha.
So, you're telling me that massive Facebook group was all for nothing??

Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Booooooo. Colbert for president!!! He would do better than anyone else on that ballot. (Idk maybe not)
Quote by metal4life592
So, you're telling me that massive Facebook group was all for nothing??

That thing did get pretty huge.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by saxaxe
good.

+1

Am I the only one who sees the negative affect of a serious shot at the presidency by stephen colbert?

1) His candidacy would draw many voters, but not enough for a win.
2) This imballance of votes would draw away from the more plausible and desirable candidates.
3) More democrat voters of college age (the very demographic that needs more active voters) would cast ballots for Colbert, and greatly upset the democratic presidential nominees in such a way that the democratic candidate wouldn't have enough votes for a majority and thus a win, giving the US 4-8 more years of more right-wing bullshit. Rudy Giuliani might be worlds better than G Dubya, but his sheisty businness practices and whatnots are still too outdated for our rapidly changing country.
Quote by SteveHouse

I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by SteveHouse

Yeah. It kinda died after a million, but it still got there in what, 5 days? That was pretty crazy.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
Yeah. It kinda died after a million, but it still got there in what, 5 days? That was pretty crazy.

And another one popped up too, saying if it reached 4,000,000 he'd extend his candidacy to the whole nation.

Man of the Year?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by skeptopotamus
+1

Am I the only one who sees the negative affect of a serious shot at the presidency by stephen colbert?

2) This imballance of votes would draw away from the more plausible and desirable candidates.
3) More democrat voters of college age (the very demographic that needs more active voters) would cast ballots for Colbert, and greatly upset the democratic presidential nominees in such a way that the democratic candidate wouldn't have enough votes for a majority and thus a win, giving the US 4-8 more years of more right-wing bullshit. Rudy Giuliani might be worlds better than G Dubya, but his sheisty businness practices and whatnots are still too outdated for our rapidly changing country.

i mainly just found it funny.
Kick Ass Ska from the New Orleans Area

Quote by jetfuel495
Quote by DamageMachine
Could be Super AIDS

omfg like in resident evil 4? with the tentacles coming out of his head?

LAS PLAGAS!

Quote by LadyHellraiser
I like boobs
Damn, i sound like a rugmuncher today, haha.
Quote by SteveHouse
And another one popped up too, saying if it reached 4,000,000 he'd extend his candidacy to the whole nation.

Man of the Year?

Yeah, but I didn't join that one. I knew there was no way in hell it would make 4,000,000, and if it did, I didn't think anything would've happened.

Honestly, even if he did make it onto the main ballots, I don't think I would've voted for him anyways. Sure he's a funny guy, but I don't think he'd be a good leader for our country. Then again, I don't think he actually expected to make it anyways, but oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Anyone else find it wierd that the state democratic ballot petition fee is 2500 bucks while the republican fee is 35000?
Quote by skeptopotamus
Anyone else find it wierd that the state democratic ballot petition fee is 2500 bucks while the republican fee is 35000?

No... Not weird at all actually... Makes perfect sense to me...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse

lmao.....very good.
Would anyone honestly want him as president? I mean seriously?

Sadly though, thats probably the only way to get Americans to actually vote. Barely 50% vote at each election.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by skeptopotamus
+1

But he had no intention of winning and he couldn't get anywhere running in one state. I'm sure this is just a big publicity stunt for the Democratic National Convention, since he mentioned on Meet The Press that he wanted to speak there.
Quote by SteveHouse

but....but....but...amuricka! It does make sense, but do they have to be so damn drastic?

rush4life-

I know it wasn't a serious shot. What discomforts me is how willing people were after he announced his candidacy, in jest though it might have been.
i always knew South Carolina was lame. this just proves it.

there is a reason why you are on the bottom SC!!!
He wasn't actually REALLY running for prez... it was like a publicity stunt. C'mon, Marketing 101
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
I rejected those Facebook invitations soooo many times. Colbert tries too hard too be funny, and tends to ef up on rehearsed jokes. Conan O' Brien should run for president. Colbert could never be president, because he's John Stewart's sidekick. That's what happens when you're a spin off. You'll never be able to be the superior show.

(warning: some of the shows I'm going to use as examples suck.)

The Cosby Show> A Different World
Cheers> Frasier
Friends> Joey
Buffy The Vampire Slayer>Angel
Three's Company> The show about the horning neighbour guy

While Three's Company was mediocre, the only real good show up there was Cheers, and although kind of funny, Frasier is decent in comparison. All I know is that Colbert is not as funny as Stewart and his character is a little hard to swallow.

Why everyone loves him, I'll never know.

On the other hand, Conan is a self made man when it comes to comedy, having written for SNL, The Simpsons (he wrote the ****ing MONORAIL episode), and is a Harvard graduate.

Hey, that one guy on John Steward had roles in SpiderMan and Batman Begins?
Global warming at my homework, sir.
Colbert > Stewart. Stewart's show > Colbert's show, but that's because of his "correspondents." But Colbert as a host >>> Stewart as a host.

And the day that Colbert lost his bid will be a day that will live in infamy.
Quote by daytripper75
i always knew South Carolina was lame. this just proves it.

there is a reason why you are on the bottom SC!!!

There are many reasons why SC is on the "bottom" as you say, but it has nothing to do with Colbert. As a whole the democratic committee made the proper decision. They rejected his petition because he was only interesting in running for president in one state. To them, that meant he wasn't truly serious about his candidacy and therefore didn't deserve to be on the ballot.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
crap. he woiuld have done better than anyother of those other crazys.
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
Quote by Tele Echoes
I rejected those Facebook invitations soooo many times. Colbert tries too hard too be funny, and tends to ef up on rehearsed jokes. Conan O' Brien should run for president. Colbert could never be president, because he's John Stewart's sidekick. That's what happens when you're a spin off. You'll never be able to be the superior show.

(warning: some of the shows I'm going to use as examples suck.)

The Cosby Show> A Different World
Cheers> Frasier
Friends> Joey
Buffy The Vampire Slayer>Angel
Three's Company> The show about the horning neighbour guy

While Three's Company was mediocre, the only real good show up there was Cheers, and although kind of funny, Frasier is decent in comparison. All I know is that Colbert is not as funny as Stewart and his character is a little hard to swallow.

Why everyone loves him, I'll never know.

On the other hand, Conan is a self made man when it comes to comedy, having written for SNL, The Simpsons (he wrote the ****ing MONORAIL episode), and is a Harvard graduate.

Hey, that one guy on John Steward had roles in SpiderMan and Batman Begins?

Frasier has come top of the list in many critic sitcom polls, so you may want to rethink that.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Stephen Colbert = Awesome.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
colbert would have been better...i dont know...but thats what america wants...someone that is real and they can relate to...which is colbert...i'd vote for colbert...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Frasier is a different type of show than Cheers.

And it's funnier, because it's a different type of funny. The same reason I think Colbert is not as funny as Jon Stewart. It's called "chuffa." It's a term writers use to describe dialogue that's not really funny, and not really advancing anything, it's just attitude. A lot of Steven Colbert's comedy act is attitude. Jon Stewart actually makes jokes. Funny jokes. Lots of them.

Shows like "The Office" and "30 Rock" are anti-chuffa. "Arrested Development" is the perfect anti-chuffa show. Nonstop joking.
Even if he did run for presidency, it would not make a difference.

I don't believe that people would seriously contemplate voting for him.

Someone mentioned he would draw votes away from desired Democratic candidates. That is the dumbest thing I've heard today. There is no way he would ever win the Dem. Primary. Ever.

Somebody also mentioned "marketing 101". +1.

And who cares who the college kids vote for. They have no value until they are out of college. For now the U.S. acts as a babysitter for the majority of them.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Would anyone honestly want him as president? I mean seriously?

Sadly though, thats probably the only way to get Americans to actually vote. Barely 50% vote at each election.

Exactly.

I don't think he wanted to be president for real anyways. He makes way more money at what he's doing and probably would affect more people thru his tv show. I think he was really just trying to get the younger generation to inadvertently think about voting for real. And it worked. I'm 19 and not registered to vote, but damn it I'm gonna go register tomorrow (today i'm just way to busy driving all over the place lol).
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!