hi, im Glenn from toronto, canada, Im a big NUmetal fan, i've been playing guitar about 6 years now,. Ive been thinking about buying the best rocking "combo tube amp" that will kick everyones ass,, but i havent decided yet & i have no idea what to buy before christmas,,. please do give some advice you metal heads out there,, i want a combo amp ranging from 700 $ below, cause i dont have enough budget to buy some expensive amps.. By the way im a big fan of Daron of System of a Down & Jim Root of Slipknot, i like their sound very much,, & i want my amp to be sounded like theirs,,,.. so PLSSS give me your ASS kickin advice men,, ill appreciate it..
used 5150?
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
good luck dude. if you want something for metal thats a kickass combo tube amp for 700 or under your gonna be searching for a long time. better up the budget quite a bit or settle for a solid state.
Quote by haywood_306
good luck dude. if you want something for metal thats a kickass combo tube amp for 700 or under your gonna be searching for a long time. better up the budget quite a bit or settle for a solid state.

no u could go used. there are lots of metal tube combos on ebay for 700
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by haywood_306

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't even post.

You can easily find a Peavey 5150 or Mesa F-30/F-50 used which would get you what you want.

There's also the Peavey Valveking, Peavey Windsor, Randall RG50TC and the B-52 AT-212 that you could buy new. The VK would more than likely need an Overdrive pedal added to it, but should get the job done.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Go For An Engl Screamer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my gear:

guitar: Schecter c1 classic
amp: Engl fireball
box: Engl v30 4x12
effects: g-major
in future: ESP eclipse, PRS Custom 24...
Lol metalheads...anyways, a 5150 wouldn't be a good choice for nu-metal because it has a lot of mids, you'd be better off with a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.