well i had played for like 3 years and i had various guitars, a squire i started out on, some wal mart acoustic for kicks, and my last guitar was a brand new PRS guitar...freaking loved...well i sold it cause i got bored with guitar and thought it was going nowhere. now i really wanna play again, but i just want an acoustic. i was looking around and i really like the way this guitar looks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mitchell-MD100S-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518972

plus its not like i have like 400 bucks to throw down on an acoustic. all the reviews say pretty good things about this guitar, but i wanna know do any of you own it and if you think its a good investment, if not, i will get some ibanez around the same price...but for some reason i love the looks of the stock on this guitar. it looks beautiful, anywho lmk. thanks
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
You played for three years, bought a PRS—and then up and quit? You're an idiot. No offence meant.

Get an Ibanez or Ovation of the same price range.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
gee thanks. i have played ovations, and i didnt like the bowl shape to the ones i played. yes i bought a prs, not the 2000 ones, it was an SE custom, it was like 599, but i didnt just up and quit, i didnt really have that much time to play so it sat in my room, so i sold it to some kid for like 300 bucks, helped him more than me, if anything it gave him some popularity points. but anyway i would really like to hear from people that have this guitar or have played it. thanks
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Don't buy it based on looks and don't trust online reviews. go to a local guitar shop and play some guitars...

Bottom line, you're gonna have to get a bunch of guitars in your hands in order to find something that speaks to you.
Believe it or not, I have read some really good things about that guitar. It might be the best laminate guitar you can get. If it were me, I'd save a little more and buy something with a solid top, like a Yamaha FG700S or a Washburn D10s.
Yes!
Solid tops are a must.
Teegee has got the right idea. I love the Yamaha FG700S. It only costs around 200bucks and is well constructed and has a solid top, allround great guitar, still my favourite cheap guitar.

And I would say don't waste your time with Ibanez's. I mean, they make great electrics, and there acoustics are OK, nothing special though. Much better out there for the price eg Yamaha, Takamine, Washburn, Alvarez. You should look into all of those. just make sure it has a solid top. You've played guitar before, you should have a fair idea of what you like and dont like, what plays well and all that. Also, yeah ovations can be good, not a fan of them personally, especially not at the cheaper side of things. but they do have soem very cool looking and playing guitars that cost a bit more that i wouldnt mind owning.

My suggestion to you is look at this thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075
it has a list of the most recommended guitars in your price range. Write them down, go to a guitar shop and try all of them that they have in stock, and pick the one you like best. you wont go wrong with any of those guitars, so just pick the one you like best. Should be easier for you seeing as you have already played.

Oh, and did i mention get a solid top?
Don't buy a laminate top, been there, done that, bad decision. Should have payed a little more for a solid top