I'm considering getting this but I've never owned or played any of these big multi effects units. Is this one any good? How does it compare to the others?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I heard it's good. Why not try it? What is your budget though because you can get the gt-8 or podxt live for an additional price.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Its really good for effects and laid out really well and is very easy to use, but i think the distortion could be better.
it's good value for the money, the effects are good, distortion is alright, sounds pretty digital...
if you have some more money, definitely go for the podxt live or the gt8!
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Well I'll be trading in my Valve King and at this store there are no good guitars and pretty crap amps too. The guy was glorifying an MG trying to get me to trade the VK for it. He pointed out the ME-50 and I've been thinking of that pedal recently so I might go for it just to play with effects. I have a DF-7 if the distortion on it is crap and still got a wah if this one doesn't sound good.

What I'm mainly wondering is if the unit breaks easily, how the effects compare to their stompbox counterparts, if it's a tone killer, the reliability and sound quality, and if there's any possibility of recording.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I own it. The effects are really nice, and is really easy to use. The distortion could be better but is still ok.It does the job. ;P
Friend of mine has a boss me 33 and it sounds pretty decent. he bought it used for $80. hasn't had any problems with it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I just read this thing kinda sucks tone, to whayt degree does it ignore guitar tone? Enough to say it's time to look into the other multi effects units?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I would say it doesnt suck much tone at all, it gives your guitar a warmer sound but keeps the treble in it(unlike my wah pedal). If youve got the DF-7 then i would say go for the ME50, the effects all sound really good, and the harmony whammy pedal setting is just awesome.