Ok, this is probably a really silly question, but it has me stumped.

I have a Dunlop Toggle capo for my strat http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=71&pmh=products/capos however, whenever I use it, it really screws with my tuning. For example, if i tune my guitar perfectly and then put the capo on the first fret, it can wind up going up a full tone rather than a semitone, and its not even uniform across all the frets, some wind up tuning ok, some are a semitone above where it should be, and some are in between.

I've fiddled with the postition of the capo, and also double checked the intonation, what else could it be?
Quote by Macank
^^ strat? i want to get a stratocaster sound though!!

Fender Classic 60's Strat
Yamaha AES 720 (On the way!!!)
Ibanez GAX 30
Traynor YCV 40
Boss DS-1
EHX Big Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Ibanez CF-7
Ibanez DE-7
I've never used this capo, but I wouldn't consider it going out on a limb to say it isn't a quality capo. Perhaps buy another one, and keep this problem in mind before you buy.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I've never used this capo, but I wouldn't consider it going out on a limb to say it isn't a quality capo. Perhaps buy another one, and keep this problem in mind before you buy.

i agree, it doesn't look like quality,

you are going sharp because there is too much pressure on the strings from the capo, can you adjust the pressure? it needs to be just enough to hold the strings down on the fret and no more. it looks like the one you have only adjusts in increments so you may not get the perfect contact.

the best capo i have used is a schubb, easy and quick to put on and off and the pressure is adjusted by turning a thumb screw on the back of the neck so you can get perfect level.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
ya, i know what you mean. the capo probably presses real hard on the strings, in essence doing the same thing a bend does. you need one that applies as much pressure as a forefinger barre