I just listened to the whole new self titled A7X album, and im pretty disappointed actually.

I can't really call them metal as most of the songs are acoustic or have pianos and violins through them. Plus in one song Matt has strange effects for his voice

But what i do like is the axe work. Some pretty snazzy riffs there. But nearly all of their previous songs have great guitar aswell...

So, has anyone else got any opinions on their new album?
the single (w/e its called) is getting way to much air time on the radio, its really startin to annoy me, same with Hellyeah's alcohol and ass
You are now blinking manually
I love it. In fact, I love everything about it. Being in my school's marching band helps me to appreciate all types of things in music, and they do so much wacky stuff that I love it! Gah! I'm listening to A Little Piece of Heaven over and over because I would love to have that in a field show..
Quote by Keyphur
the single (w/e its called) is getting way to much air time on the radio, its really startin to annoy me, same with Hellyeah's alcohol and ass

pretty sure u mean critical acclaim. not too bad of a song, id probably rate it 3rd or 2nd after Lost.
But critical acclaim is the song that they have on their myspace, so everyones heard it too much already.
In my heart, I really wanted another "city of evil", but overall I really like some of the creative leaps. "a little piece of heaven" is amazing. As an artist I can really understand not wanting to write the same thing all over again. They could have made a lot of ppl happy by writing the same thing again, but they chose to grow as musicians instead. I really did want another city of evil....but its pretty good
Quote by Keyphur

I think the single is called "Almost Easy", and that Hellyeah song is called "Alcohaulin' Ass".

As for my opinion on the new A7X album, I just don't like 'em, so I haven't heard it. "Almost Easy" sounds a lot like a Disturbed song, though.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Dude, I personally loved the album.

They grew personally, and if you read the interview in Total Guitar(I think.) They said that they produced this themselves and it's been the funnest album they've composed.

They said that they wanted to try all different genres.

My fav. lyric on the album is in "A Little Piece of Heaven"

’Cause I really always knew that my little crime
would be cold that's why I got a heater for your thighs
and I know, I know it's not your time
but bye, bye

Perfect.
My favorite two songs are Afterlife and Unbound. I can't wait for someone to get a guitar pro version of unbound, I want to learn the piano part pretty damn badly.
fyi those vocal effects are a program called auto-tune. its used for vocal pitch correction, but if you overuse it, you get that "cher"effect
its allright, but city of evil is way better guitar wise, the solos are nothing in the self titled album compared to CoE.

And i like waking the fallen more than the new one too. And i hate the pop influence in this album, i hate a lot of the choruses for their cheesiness.

Like gunslinger has an amazing intro, plus when it changes to distortion and then after around 2mins its one big pop song. Why a7x!! Did you have to put that cheesy **** in there???

Oh and almost easy, is just crap...

Edit: oh yeah i forgot, lyrics get repetitive sometimes
I can see a lot of other people have different opinions .

But thats cool, i respect everyone elses opinion, i just prefer City of Evil to this one.
Quote by SheKILaDZE
its allright, but city of evil is way better guitar wise, the solos are nothing in the self titled album compared to CoE.

And i like waking the fallen more than the new one too. And i hate the pop influence in this album, i hate a lot of the choruses for their cheesiness.

Like gunslinger has an amazing intro, plus when it changes to distortion and then after around 2mins its one big pop song. Why a7x!! Did you have to put that cheesy **** in there???

Oh and almost easy, is just crap...

Did you know the Gunslinger intro was done by Synyster's dad?
Quote by AeroZeppelin09

o rly?
Quote by AeroZeppelin09

yeah his dad does most or all the acoustic work, of course i know!!
how disrespectful of you to insult me like that naa just kidding
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
Is that serious, or should I go cry?

'Cuz I'm close to crying.

No, sorry, i actually didn't know that.
Quote by SheKILaDZE
yeah his dad does most or all the acoustic work, of course i know!!
how disrespectful of you to insult me like that naa just kidding

Cool, a real A7X fan.

Nice to meet you ;D

I honestly think it's awesome that Synyster never went through that phase of hating his dad, but instead used him as an influence on guitar.
Quote by AeroZeppelin09
Cool, a real A7X fan.

Nice to meet you ;D

I honestly think it's awesome that Synyster never went through that phase of hating his dad, but instead used him as an influence on guitar.

nice to meet you too dude. but hey id love it if my dad played guitar...
I love the album, most people dont like it and its not really A7X but my favorite song is 'Dear God'

But over all i think the album is there best so far! they've all developed into incredible musicians.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI