Hey, I have a Fender Automatic Guitar Tuner AG-G(Apparently) and I'm questioning it's tuning. It is tuning correctly, but I have a feeling it is telling me what is "in tune" is really one fret up. Now, I believe there is a way to change the frequency or something, and I've heard that correct frequency is 440 A. These are the frequencies it has on my tuner;

437 - E
438 - A
439 - D
440 - G
441 - B
442 - E

So, does anybody think I could just change the frequency and fix my problem? Because whenever I tune with my tuner, then with someone else's it is a bit different. Thanks in advance.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
my E low is set to a 440 well was when i had a tuner start using your ear i know what A sounds like to i use my voice as a pitch pipe and tune up from A
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
and yes it u change them it will work
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Prove to her you won't shoot any real prostitutes. Bring one back, and show your mum how curteous and polite you can be with them.
What do I change it to?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
A is 440.. Change it to that. :P

Just keep messing with the buttons that change your frequency.

EDIT: Or download a tuner... Musebook tuner isn't set to 440 ... I believe if you set it to 436.98 it tunes properly to 440 though, as far as saying the note is in tune. Or whatever is closest to 437. Maybe its 436.96, I don't remember. But if you have an adapter then it'll work nicely. Guitar Rig 2 has a nice built in tuner too, I have a crappy tuner that doesn't always give me accurate readings so I usually tune/intonate with GR2.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Last edited by sg-rocker173 at Nov 2, 2007,