Page 1 of 2
Is it just me, or are they blowing this whole sudanese youth gangs bs outta proportion?

How can they say ok lets sort this problem by limiting/stopping sudanese migration?

Like there aren't any Vietnamese, Lebanese, even Australian youths that hang out in drones and cause trouble commiting crimes.

I was watching this thing on INSIGHT about the Sudanese and thought, what BS, the host isn't even letting them speak clearly.

This teenager was talking about the unneccessary murder of her sudanese father in australia, when the host said, "but he was a criminal" or something to that extent..

Anyways, I think they're being wrongly targeted

/rant
Bleh. Whats a Sudanese?

[/ignorance]
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Ohh...

Yup...

Immigrants...

's like...bad?

apparantly in australia, these are the only immigrants that are forming youth gangs and not respecting the police

obviously bs
probably...but I think Australia isn't too bad when it comes to blaming immigrants - look at Americans - the loathe all foreign types! Especially south Americans!

well the lebanese definately are in gangs, but on their own, they are scared of everyone and keep their head down, that same person is the bravest person on earth if they have half a dozen other people backing them up. i got in a fight with a small "gang" for just looking them in the street. i ended up with a black eye and a sore jaw, but when they finally ran away, one of them had a definate broken nose and the other 3 were bleeding pretty well.that should teach them.havent had any trouble from them since.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Quote by muso_ chris
well the lebanese definately are in gangs, but on their own, they are scared of everyone and keep their head down, that same person is the bravest person on earth if they have half a dozen other people backing them up. i got in a fight with a small "gang" for just looking them in the street. i ended up with a black eye and a sore jaw, but when they finally ran away, one of them had a definate broken nose and the other 3 were bleeding pretty well.that should teach them.havent had any trouble from them since.

Ooh...tough guy!

U no kung fu?

I heard they have already stopped taking the Sudanese in, its most likely wrong but you might want to check.
well done muso chris

i think they're really the worst

I mean, You have vietnamese gangs, and they don't go out of cabramatta...
but leb gangs are pathetic, all they do is find free places to hang out, like the beach or a park, and drive around in their done up 1970 civics when its nightfall..

point is: Sudanese immigrants are fine.
Quote by En_zed
Ooh...tough guy!

U no kung fu?

no, but i was selected as a prop for the NSW waratahs, if youre in australia you would know what the waratahs are, for everyone else, its a state rugby team, and the props are usually the biggest in the team, so im pretty built, and just a few well aimed and landed punches did the trick. it literally lasted about 15 seconds lol. or less.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
Sudanese people are nice. Every sudanese person I have met, or a friend of mine has met, have been really nice and friendly. Its just those damn conservative current affair shows that see something that obviously doesn't fit in with the australian stereotype and then oversensationalize whenever they find a problem. IMO, Sudanese people are no more or less australian than any anglo looking guy.

I just hate those youths that call themselves "muzzers" (those are chavs if you live in england) and talk in really weird accents. What makes it worse is that "muzzer" is an insulting term for a muslim person. These people are usually italians and eurofags.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Apparently the Sudanese are underrepresented in prisons; the Vietnamese have the most serving time per capita. The media likes to sensationalize the Sudanese situation because the majority of Current Affairs viewers are white women for whom a 6'4" black dude is the scariest thing they can think of. I have no problem with refugees coming to Australia- they are escaping hell on earth, and as such a lucky country I think we have a social responsibility to take them in.

Interesting story: my mate works in Springvale, VIC (big Sudanese population); he's late for his class (he tutors) and a black dude comes up to him and just says "phone" and starts feeling around his pockets. My mate just headbutts him in the face and keeps on running to his class (fortunately in the direction of the Police station).
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
haha yeah but the vietnamese in jail are there for the most trivial things like drugs

I agree with the today tonight thing, its ridiculously hilarious watching the stories on,

"muslim overcrowding", "asian overcrowding", shonky traders
Complete BS.Why do the people target sudanese/african youths.I've seen leb,greek,asian and aussie youth doing making trouble around the streets at night but no sudanese
Their are tons of arabs and lebanese in my hair. Its terrible, cant go anywhere without being told to get a hair cut lol No sudanese people though.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Quote by нαиd of вlood
Their are tons of arabs and lebanese in my hair. Its terrible, cant go anywhere without being told to get a hair cut lol No sudanese people though.

Your hair > their crappy mullets.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Quote by timo1
Complete BS.Why do the people target sudanese/african youths.I've seen leb,greek,asian and aussie youth doing making trouble around the streets at night but no sudanese

...well that's because its night

Okay, that was bad. But on topic, nearly every race has a group of stupid youth gangs. In all honesty, Sudanese youth "gangs" aren't as bad as others.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
I've never heard of any Sudanese gangs in the goulburn valley, in Victoria.
Only the other minority's like Samoan, Aboriginals, Turks and... well I think thats it actually.
Apart from the rumors of the Italians, but thats the big boy stuff, no youth gang.

The fact that these gangs even exist is threatening our identity as a somewhat unique culture, instead of just another American state.

Soon we'll have to bow down to the ever increasing Canadian dollar too :P
I live in Mulgrave, which is right next to Noble Park, where the Sudanese youth died after getting in a fight or whatever.

There is quite a large Sudanese community in both Dandenong and Noble Park.

The government can have whatever policies they like on limiting immigrants/refugee's from certain countries. They should do it more often. Dandenong used to be a nice place, now i wouldnt go there at night unless i was with a group of people.

Same goes for Noble Park. And the plain and simple fact is, its not because of the white australian population that many people dont feel safe.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
I was in my law class last week and a guy said that he lives in the Blacktown/Penrith area and he said that the Sudanese were fine - only issue was that they had opposing tribes in the same community and that is where the violence stems from.

Also, i live in Bankstown and I don't believe that the Lebanese situation is that bad.
Are you reelin' in the years?
Yeah...I live like 5 mins away from where alot of the 'gangs' are situated, I walk through there and there's more aussies committing crimes in your face like dealing their w33d and theres azns crashing quite often...

Same with the shiz at Highpoint, muzza kids do shit there all the time...I've yet to hear about them on the tv yet.

I was walking home just two hours ago by some muzza twats who thought it would be fun to drag in my neighbourhood, srs dumbfucks y'know, they could slide around a corner and break through someones yard or some shiz or could've rode up on the kerb and hit me, also they were driving without their lights on for stealth so that the cops wouldn't see them...

/end rant
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by henza_x
well done muso chris

i think they're really the worst

I mean, You have vietnamese gangs, and they don't go out of cabramatta...
but leb gangs are pathetic, all they do is find free places to hang out, like the beach or a park, and drive around in their done up 1970 civics when its nightfall..

point is: Sudanese immigrants are fine.

Wait...so its a crime now to hang around at the beach???
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
I suspect it's the Coalition playing the race card to appeal to the ugly underside of Australian society. There are some things I hate about this country, and the racist jingoism that's emerging in our politic is one of them.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde

no, but they harrass (sp?) people at the beach who are just trying to have a good time.and i believe he may be talking about the cronulla riots.
Quote by NGD1313
How is the Department of Immigration deciding to stop until further notice the bringing in of Refugee's Racist?

It isnt. People of all races are refused right of access into Australia every day. There is a problem within the Sudanese community in Australia. They are being placed into communities by Departmental programs. These programs are failing and they are not only failing the Sudanese but they are also failing the residents who already reside there who have to put up with this.

It is NOT racist. Racist would be saying that they could not come here in the first place, but they have been allowed to come and some given helping hands by the government.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
All I will say is that in order for there to be a state of order there needs to be common enemies and the media is doing their damn best to make sure that African refugees are an example of this. Our country is built entirely on immigration, to ban a political refugee because they "may" start a youth gang is ridiculous.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
How is the Department of Immigration deciding to stop until further notice the bringing in of Refugee's Racist?

... You don't read the Herald Sun, do you? Anyways;

I didn't say the immigration procedure was racist. What I am saying is that there are racist undercurrents in parts of Australian society, and the juxtaposition of the Haneef/Sudanese affairs and "We will decide who comes into this country and the circumstance in which they come" is intended to appeal to and inflame these ugly, jingoistic trends.

It's abhorrent that anyone should do this under any circumstances. It's worse that the government, our elected representatives, should do so. One should appeal and nurture the best in people, not the worst.
Quote by The National D
"We will decide who comes into this country and the circumstance in which they come".

How dare the Australian government decide who is let into this country. Shame on them.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
Western suburbs of sydney. In my area there isnt really any trouble with the sudanese.
The groups of lebanese people on the other hand love to start sh!t up with "emo's" or "aussie dogs" as they like to call us.

IMO the sudanese arent much trouble
Hurp De Durp
Quote by henza_x
apparantly in australia, these are the only immigrants that are forming youth gangs and not respecting the police

obviously bs

well,.. to say there is no gang violence would be idiotic, but targeting specifically sudanese is pretty ridiculous. And just because someone's a criminal doesn't mean they aren't a loving father and a good family man etc etc.

As far as respecting the police,.. well who in what country ever respects them?

But really, maybe the cops can't do anything or don't want to do anything about any gang violence, so it's a pointless debate

EDIT: oh there's plenty of undercurrent racist attitudes in Australia, no matter how vehemently people will deny it. Partially out of ignorance, partially for other reasons. The country where the refugees came from is not really the issue. The attitudes of people and the government towards other nations and the general order are the disturbing thing here. It's pretty difficult to make it even as a migrant, and if you have nothing and get locked up indefinitely, it's not an idea of humane treatment by any stretch of imagination.

By the way, Herald Sun blows.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Nov 3, 2007,
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
How dare the Australian government decide who is let into this country. Shame on them.

That's two strikes. Can we get a logical, coherent argument with a point next time, please? We've got a rare and beautiful beast here; an intelligent discussion in the Pit - don't ruin it.

Back on topic;
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
The attitudes of people and the government towards other nations and the general order are the disturbing thing here.

The sticking point, I think, is that some people, including the government, are going into the future kicking and screaming. They have a strange, rose-tinted memory of 1950's Australia as a strange conglomeration of shears, diggers in slouch hats, and whitewashed suburbs, and they're doing their best to retain this. Since they view society as static, rather than evolving, we end with weirdness like the assumption that if you know who Don Bradman is, you're a good person (I'm looking at you, citizenship test), and that when two white blokes beat a Sudanese immigrant to death, the problem is with the immigrants having trouble "integrating".

You're damn right it's disturbing.
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
Western suburbs of sydney. In my area there isnt really any trouble with the sudanese.
The groups of lebanese people on the other hand love to start sh!t up with "emo's" or "aussie dogs" as they like to call us.

IMO the sudanese arent much trouble

yeah im in south west sydney, and the sudanese are just nice people, its the lebanese causing problems around here.
Quote by NGD1313
Quote by The National D
That's two strikes. Can we get a logical, coherent argument with a point next time, please? We've got a rare and beautiful beast here; an intelligent discussion in the Pit - don't ruin it.

Back on topic;

The sticking point, I think, is that some people, including the government, are going into the future kicking and screaming. They have a strange, rose-tinted memory of 1950's Australia as a strange conglomeration of shears, diggers in slouch hats, and whitewashed suburbs, and they're doing their best to retain this. Since they view society as static, rather than evolving, we end with weirdness like the assumption that if you know who Don Bradman is, you're a good person (I'm looking at you, citizenship test), and that when two white blokes beat a Sudanese immigrant to death, the problem is with the immigrants having trouble "integrating".

You're damn right it's disturbing.

+1. I'd say something, but this post covered it for me

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by En_zed
probably...but I think Australia isn't too bad when it comes to blaming immigrants - look at Americans - the loathe all foreign types! Especially south Americans!

Normally I'd be offended, but that's actually true

The general American populace has an incredibly racist, ignorant, and uneducated view towards immigrants. It's like the people don't even stop to think about what the immigrants do that makes the average person's life so much easier. And besides that, it's not the immigrants that get into gangs. Most of the immigrants that come over here do better than they did in their home country. The majority of the gang members are American born people who are blamed for their nationality and not for their crimes.
People that want to close the border frustrate the piss out of me as well. I guess everyone has forgotten the surge of 13 million immigrants from around the world in the early 1900's that they're probably descended from.

EDIT: I'd normally be offended by the sweeping generalization, not the comment about immigrants. I'm actually American born (although I really don't think I belong here).

EDIT II: Not to say that comments about immigrants aren't offensive, it's just that you weren't commenting on immigrants, you were mocking the general American attitude towards immigrants.
Last edited by madbasslover at Nov 4, 2007,
there all stupid i noticed that

but yea all ethnic groups can form gangs

i dont really care the only gangs i fight with is hardcore kids.

they piss me off alot.

EDIT: the Sudanese like all ppl some piss me off some are preety cool. also the immigration department is being completely racist
Quote by darkstar2466
Leniency? In the metal forum? This is unheard of. People get massacred here for just walking by.
Last edited by alwaysmetal at Nov 4, 2007,
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde

They just harrass people down at the beach, I'm not talking about cronulla, because basically, leb gangs aren't welcome there

Or in maroubra

But at bondi where its full of everyone.

My sister was down at bondi and she was walking through an area where they were kicking the ball to each other, because they decided to square off this huge area near the ramp and it was the only way to get through, and they starting giving her **** because shes asian.

The point is, its these pathetic ****s who don't do anything useful, hang around gangs and go to beaches only because it doesn't cost them anything, and harrass people who are there for the surf and sun.

My point was that the immigration minister was unfairly talking about the sudanese youth gangs when there are gangs in every culture causing trouble

and my side note is lebs for instance
Page 1 of 2