well, its like this,
im from india and we have this competition here for college bands from all over the country to show their talent. winner gets a cash prize and a chance to open for iron maiden during their gig here in february. they're not particular about whether you play originals or covers, but the condition is that we play at least one original per set. the finals are on dec 2.
my band just formed two days ago and we dont have any originals. the responsibility of composing two original songs by the deadline is mine. i have thought of a decent cover set list though, tell me what you think. we get 20 minutes on stage per set.

semifinals

the trooper
original
creeping death

finals

tornado of souls
original
master of puppets
seek of destroy, if theres time

ps. last year the band that got to open for iron maiden played korn covers
Why are you entering a BOTB if you formed two days ago, preperation muthafugga.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
because all of us know how to play the above mentioned songs in our respective roles. coordination's not a problem, we've jammed before, when we were not a band
Stairway to heaven
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
Ahh, right, shoulda said.

Looks like you have it covered though.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Geet
Stairway to heaven

sure, only im not exactly jimmy page when the solo comes around. just been playing guitar for a year.
besides, we need a crowd pleaser, much as i'd love to, we can't afford to play anything that strays from metal. most of the audience consists of moshers
I WANNA OPEN TO IRON MAIDEN GOD DAMN YOU!!!!

I would definately play Aces High, Trooper, Master of Puppets, Holy Wars (save it for last...since this one kicks the most ass...other bands will be ****ting their pants thinking "damn why didn't we play that, its so awesome"), Tornado of Souls and Cowboys from Hell.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
ya, if only i could fit them all in. i like holy wars, though i havent tried learning beyond the intro and initial riff before the singing. but i still think that tornado of souls is the signature song of megadeth.

at least it'll make korn coverers look like black metal bassists dancing in pink tutus

btw, my band thinks master of puppets kicks most ass. but since ive spent the greater part of my guitar playing time trying to learn the song through and through its gotten a little old for me. not for the audience though

...yeah, iron maiden...that would probably be something i'd put up on a picture frame and tell my grandchildren about a hundred years from now if it happened...
Wait, wait so you've been playing for a year and have trouble with Stairway to heaven but yet you have Tornado of Souls and Master of Puppets in your set list?

....how?
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by Sirlancelot42
Wait, wait so you've been playing for a year and have trouble with Stairway to heaven but yet you have Tornado of Souls and Master of Puppets in your set list?

....how?

well, i can do all of the song and most of the stairway to heaven solo, but the part where he does that rapid fire bend pulloff alternating stuff is beyond me.
nothing like that in master of puppets and tornado of souls. besides ive practiced much longer on master of puppets so i can do that solo, and as for tornado of souls, im pretty sure that the solo apart from the sweep picking is within my ability. and improvising a bit there doesnt hurt the song as it would if i did my own sh1t with the stairway to heaven solo.
Play Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I see you're more metal orientated, so here are my thoughts

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Tool - Parabol
Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief

Ok the lasat one isn't entirely metal, but God it's good

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Open with Painkiller by Judas Priest. Do it will and you won't need to play any other songs
Maybe you should do cowboys from hell thats a cool song to play
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

I think ill be the first to say Good luck

And you should throw in some dream theater, Dance of Eternity or Stream of Consciousness...

but anyway, im so bloody jealous

I'd love to do that

Good luck again man
play "iron swan" by the sword. if you can pull it off i guarantee you will win
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by CJRocker
Open with Painkiller by Judas Priest. Do it will and you won't need to play any other songs

+1
wish me luck, guys, we're finding it hard to coordinate band practice. the rest of the guys have exams till a few days before the gig