i really want to play november rain,we (as in my band) found a keyboardist who's willing to do it,and i really love this song
but i just checked the guitar lines,and the tuning is some alternative tuning,and i really dont want to/dont like to detune or use anything other than the standard tuning
so what can i do?
are there any tabs that have the thing transcribed for standard tuning? i would tolerate annoying position shifts if it were!
so is there?and where can i find it?
You could if you cant do that just change they key and play it as it is in standard tuning
exactly. get the tabs, and play exactly as it says. it'll sound exactly half a step above the record. you dont need to change the tuning. i hate to change my guitars tuning too, i just use guitar pro to shift all the tracks up half a step and then jam along for any and all gnr songs.
Or you could just play the whole song one step up from the original and don't retune...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if you wanna preserve the key, then do it.

can't you translate it yourself in the standard tuning?
Standard tuning for November Rain wouldn't work well due to the fact it has a fair number of open chords in it. And you would need to shift the piano up a half step for it to not sound a bit off right? Why can't you tune down a half step? Its not hard and requires no adjustment on a non-FR guitar.
Quote by CJRocker
Standard tuning for November Rain wouldn't work well due to the fact it has a fair number of open chords in it. And you would need to shift the piano up a half step for it to not sound a bit off right? Why can't you tune down a half step? Its not hard and requires no adjustment on a non-FR guitar.

Actually, most decent keyboards these days have a pitch-shift/transpose feature, so unless the keyboardist is playing an acoustic piano or something, he could set it to transpose everything up a half-step and he could play it normally.

Still, tuning your guitar down a half-step isn't that much work. If you're playing other songs in the same set that you insist on being in standard for (as long as the whole band tunes the same way, it really doesn't matter) you could always have one guitar for standard tuning and one for 1/2-step down just to play the song.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
How long does it take to tune Eb? 45 seconds roughly? Is that so hard considering things are easier, sound good when played along with the song, and open chords stay, er, open?

Don't be so lazy. Just retune.
oh,right,its only tuning down half a step? oh i dont mind doing that at all,i was talking about alternative tunings,obviously this isnt one of them!
my fault,but thanks anyway!