HI guys, on monday (5th) i am seeing Tommy Emmanuel wtih Andy McKee. I was just wondering if any of you lot were coming too
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
oh boy I wish... two of my favourite guitarists. Lucky guy you are.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
yeah there awesome my dad likes them he was all like tommy emmanuel is the bes and i was like dad Micheal angelo batio biatchhh. don't know why i said that but yeah i cant go since im Australian
Oh how I wish they would tour Australia soon...

I just bought both Andy McKees albums.. hes blowing my mind right now.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
If I wanted to read excessive ammounts of text I'd have read erotic literature, not wikipedia.
Quote by Dr_ZeAlMo
Oh how I wish they would tour Australia soon...

I just bought both Andy McKees albums.. hes blowing my mind right now.

dude, im seeing tommy emmanuel in australia on january 19. the thing hasnt been really advertised. my mum got them from this thing at work where they get first notice of tickets. pretty kool, im row D. i was so stoked when i got them.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
how much do you think Andy McKee will play? I think unfortunatly he won't play very much as he is jst the support act really. Although i suppose seeing either of them at all is good enough.
Call me Duncan.

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
I'm still recovering from seeing Tommy live. My ego has never really been the way it was; he replaced with a desire to get better.

Plus the show was beyond mindblowing. Still the best show I've been to ever been to (if you can stand that hyperbole - it's true though!). Nothing else has compared.
nice one. never been to this place in bristol before. whats wrong with it then?
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
I'm going on the 8th! The gig right after the one you're going to.

Last years was immense so I'm hoping this years is just as good.
So no ones going to this one then??
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
OMG guys that was absolutley awsome. Not only was the music great you got to meet them afterwards!!!! Bring your guitar with you if you want it signed. Would defiently recomend this giig to all of you.
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Only two days to wait until I go and see them!

I might bring my guitar to get signed, although I'll be more chuffed to shake his hand tbh.
i shook both their hands
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Oh and if any one says pics or didn't happen then heres the picture of us.
Attachments:
Me + Andy(small).jpg
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
I wish i was!! those guys are both brilliant guitar playes!
enjoy yourself! i know i would
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Footzyrama
I wish i was!! those guys are both brilliant guitar playes!
enjoy yourself! i know i would

It has already been and gone mate I did any way though lol.
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Went to see them both last night, awesome show.

I'm not a huge fan of Andy but he played well last night and it was enjoyable. Off the top of my head;

Art of Motion
Africa
Drifting
Rylynn (My favourite song of his, and he nailed it last night).
Ebony coast
Some duet he normally does with Don Ross, he did it on his own.
The friend I never met (on his harp guitar)
Some impro duo with Tommy.

Then Tommy came out and he absolutely blew everyone away. It's hard to say but he has adanced technically over the last 12 months. I thought he was good when I saw him last year. Now he's just on a different level.

Most of his songs are from the new album (the mystery) and were beautifully played. I was hoping he'd play Lewis and Clarke, it's one of the few Tommy pieces I've finished working on, and he did. He also played Questions which is probably his best song ever IMO. To finish the night he played Tall fiddler, which was note perfect and absolutely immense. I would have liked him to play the mystery but I'm very happy with what I got!

Biggest highlights;

Classical gas: Went straight into this from windy and warm. A hard key change I know But he played it so fast and so hard. That song (on youtube) is what made me pick up the guitar. Sends shivers down my back.

Mombasa: He played excellent percussive guitar for about 3 minutes, then launched into this so hard. The crowd erupted when he hit the intro. Most people there were first timers but the emotion he built up was unbelievable.

Finally, initiation. If you have never seen it live you can't understand! Youtube is crap! He added so much to it since last year, he does this shouting thing now which echoes around, was really intense.

Also I noticed he enjoyed it much more this year, there was improv all over the palce, and it was absolutely perfect every time.

After the show, being the fantastic guy he is, he came out to meet fans and sign things. I took along a telecaster pickguard, and made my brother take along our copy of the mystery. The best bit was I got into a conversation with him.

I shook his hand, said it was even better than last year etc etc, then asked him to sign my thing. He said it was hard because his fingers hurt so much! I asked what he'd done and he showed me and talked me through it! They were torn up, bleeding in places, from playing so hard. You havn't seen callouses until you've seen this guys hands. After that I had my photo taken with him, and he asked me what I played on my tele. I said I played fingerstyle mainly but if Bruce Springsteen otherwise.

He gave me a smile and a thumbs up then started singing 'She's the one.' He asked me if I did any of that and I said 'Not quite' at which point he laughed, so now I can say Tommy Emmanuel has laughed at my joke. As I was walking away I said I expected some Springsteen covers next year, and he laughed at that. I said thank-you and left.

Amazing man, they say never meet your idol but I am so glad I did. Now have a beautifully signed pickguard and CD cover.

The best part? He's already booked for 30th November 2008.
He didn't have his harp guitar with him when i saw him. The bit at the end when you meet them was just like that as well.
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
He didn't have his harp guitar with him when i saw him. The bit at the end when you meet them was just like that as well.

The harp guitar song wasn't even that good.

The best part about it was when Tommy leant into the microphone and said 'size matters' under his voice.

Andy didn't come out afterwards, just Tommy, but like I said, I don't really care about Andy