Well i don't know were to post this i just wan't to get some response about how to play the song or what to practice. I've been playing for like 3 weeks on my electric and 1-2 month before on a acoustic, don't judge me to hard And it get's kind a boring yes, but the guitar and nothing more often gets boring if you don't rock, and on this hand i have a sucky amp >.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlFuBKQaNlo
Last edited by Blomman at Nov 2, 2007,
i wont bother watching the video. this was the song that inspired me to play guitar. if you think you got it right, you probably did. but ive moved on to bigger things
For the time you've been playing, that's not bad at all

Keep it up man!
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
No way i could have played that when I just begun... >_> I See no problem? Just keep it up!
I remember i wanted to play this all the time when i started and I never could lol. I should look it up now and rock it. nice job
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
I remember i wanted to play this all the time when i started and I never could lol. I should look it up now and rock it. nice job

Yeah it such a nice song and the text is just great. If i could sing and do it to the playing it would be great but i just tried to play to the recording and it sounds very nice :P

Thanks for the comments, proberly going to make a cover soon of Jesus of Suburbia :3
Your at the point where you should start trying to sing and play. If you start learning now its going to make you better off in the long run. Dont worry about sounding terrible we all did when we started.
Quote by Crashton
Your at the point where you should start trying to sing and play. If you start learning now its going to make you better off in the long run. Dont worry about sounding terrible we all did when we started.

When i do start to sing my voice goes like i play so it's I'heard .... You....crying loud... >.<
For a noob, I guess this is ok. Just practice a lot more and you will get it
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by Blomman
When i do start to sing my voice goes like i play so it's I'heard .... You....crying loud... >.<

Thats because your guitar play timing is off. Work on being able to sing it correctly and eventualy your guitar rythem will fall into the singing. I play guitar to how i sing. Its hard to learn but when you do learn it this way you can just play the guitar without really having to think about it.

Edit: start by singing it and just strumming once for each chord change. That will help your mind understand the idea of seperating your singing from playing. Should also help with your timing. Try learning "good riddence" to start off your singing. Its just G, Caad, D and Em, D, C, G. "When I come around" is simple to play but the singing timing is kinda wierd to learn.
Last edited by Crashton at Nov 4, 2007,
That was the first song I learned on my guitar too. For where you're at, you're playing it way better than I did
"There's a fine line between stupid and clever"
- David St. Hubbins
Quote by Crashton
Thats because your guitar play timing is off. Work on being able to sing it correctly and eventualy your guitar rythem will fall into the singing. I play guitar to how i sing. Its hard to learn but when you do learn it this way you can just play the guitar without really having to think about it.

Edit: start by singing it and just strumming once for each chord change. That will help your mind understand the idea of seperating your singing from playing. Should also help with your timing. Try learning "good riddence" to start off your singing. Its just G, Caad, D and Em, D, C, G. "When I come around" is simple to play but the singing timing is kinda wierd to learn.

Thanks for the tip And i dont know if i did say but i was standard tunning in this song.