This guy I know bought a Fender Starcaster, and is claiming it to be a Stratocaster. Whenever I tell him its not, he claims it is. So my question is, is the
Starcaster a Stratocaster?
hell no

the star caster is a hollow body

the strat is solid
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Definitely not. Some would argue that a Squier shouldn't even be called a Stratocaster(doesn't bother me, though). A Starcaster isn't even as good as a Squier.
definately not.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
I actually dig that starcaster, how much do they run?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
after a bit of research, there is a new guitar called the starcaster which is a knock off strat that is built quite cheaply and makes a Squier look like gold
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Muso, thats not the only Starcaster out there.
There are various types that makes Squier look good like Valo said.

They're worst than a Squier through a box of bees.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by ValoRhoads
I actually dig that starcaster, how much do they run?

around ~2500 in american monies
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
around ~2500 in american monies

Really? My friend got one at a pawn shop for like $100...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Phillitalian
hell no

the star caster is a hollow body

the strat is solid
Sort of.

You're talking about a Fender Starcaster.

Fender confused the public recently with a new line of guitars called ...

Starcaster by Fender

Shoddy merchandise with the Fender name on it.

Here's their Strat pak:

Sold only in the "finest" warehouse stores:Sam's Club page

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^^^For the record, that's what I referring to, not the vintage Fender Starcaster.
Point to the headstock and show him that it says STARCASTER in big black letters.

:]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I've got the Sam's Club Starcaster, and I like that it looks like the Strat. It's my first guitar and came with everything I needed to get started. It didn't cost me an arm and a leg just to see if I'd like it enough to stick with it.

Well, if everyone keeps saying how much better a Strat is compared to a Starcaster, I'm really excited about eventually upgrading to a Strat. I've never even picked up a Strat to compare it to, but I think the quality of the Starcaster is fairly good.

So am I going to really be amazed and inspired on that day when I purchase a Stratocaster?
Some dude in my guitar class has a Starcaster. Paid $200 for it, including an amp.

So sad
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
hey, **** yall! My starcaster is the best ever! I'm not just noobing, because, it weighs a ton, but its sounds like 20X better than my friend's Squire. that was when they had them with the arrow headstock instead of the strat copy though. the ones I've seen you talk about are ****. i would never sell my starcaster. its definately not a strat though.
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
Quote by reddeath959
hey, **** yall! My starcaster is the best ever! I'm not just noobing, because, it weighs a ton, but its sounds like 20X better than my friend's Squire. that was when they had them with the arrow headstock instead of the strat copy though. the ones I've seen you talk about are ****. i would never sell my starcaster. its definately not a strat though.

No theres a diffrence. I have a Starcaster. Its a hollow body unlike a Stratocaster which is a SOLID!!
Do you not pay attention? Fender confused a lot of people. They recycled the name for their own Strat knockoff. They actually aren't bad with a little modding either.