Hi, i have just purchased a tiny terror head and i need a 1x12 cab.

There are 3 outputs on the back for external speakers: 1 for 16 ohms and 2 for 8 ohms each.

Does the cab have to be 16 ohms or can i plug an 8 ohm cabinet into one of the 8ohm outputs?

should i go for 8 ohm or 16 ohm? what will the difference be.

also what kind of wattage should i look for on the cabinet speakers.

I want a good value cabinet rather than top of the range.

Closed back preferably as i play a fair bit of metal and need all the extra punch i can get.

I have seen the epiphone valve junor cabinet, marshall avt cabinet and laney gs 112 ve cabs for good prices on gak.co.uk. are any of these good?

please help me, thanks
Orange's own cab is pretty much a perfect match for the amp, reasonable value for the quality of the cab.

If you cant go that high im not so sure on makes, but I know Avatar's cabs are known to be the best bang for buck, and their new series you can have an orange tolex, so it matches your orange.
Quote by Hakanku
Orange's own cab is pretty much a perfect match for the amp, reasonable value for the quality of the cab.

If you cant go that high im not so sure on makes, but I know Avatar's cabs are known to be the best bang for buck, and their new series you can have an orange tolex, so it matches your orange.

are avatars easy to get in the uk? i don't care about it looking right or matching colours whatever
Avatars are impossible to get in the UK, they only ship to the US.

I would also recommend the PCC112.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Avatars are impossible to get in the UK, they only ship to the US.

I would also recommend the PCC112.

It's not impossible, but it sure as hell isn't easy, cheap and/or practical.
Quote by Hakanku

+1

If you can't afford it, note that the Orange is 16 ohms. That's what they pair their heads with. That's what I'd be looking for.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Ah..I didnt realise you where a fellow UK'er, in which case avatar is outta the window, by the time shipping and custom fees come in to play, it will be just as easy to buy the Orange cab.
Quote by slatsmania
+1

If you can't afford it, note that the Orange is 16 ohms. That's what they pair their heads with. That's what I'd be looking for.

what difference would it make?, i know nothing about ohms
Last edited by Sepulturick at Nov 2, 2007,
It's designed to run with a 16 ohm load, so it should sound best with a 16 ohm load. I know you can run with a single 8 ohm cab in one of the stereo outs, but I'm pretty sure they're actually designed to run a 16 ohm cab in each (for 8 ohms in parallel).

If you already have an 8 ohm cab, you can get by. If you're buying a cab, I'd buy the one that's the best fit.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
framus have released a 1x12, and i hear good things about the award session one too. needless to say, i haven't tried either.

i doubt they're much cheaper than the orange one, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought a tiny terror and got a 2x12 celestion cab from Avatarspeakers.com
It's 8 ohms, and works fine.
If I were you I'd check out the Epi Valve Junior cabinet or a laney cab. Either should work great. I would avoid the AVT. Don't trust marshall's new products that are "vintage-ish".
Check out the Epi VJ definitely though. It's only something like $130 new (USD). I don't know about UK but I imagine it's cheap over there too.
Just as an alternative, you could DIY a cab. There is nothing to building cabs really.

Just a thought.

Chris
i have the valve jr cab, its pretty sweet.
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
Quote by beckyjc
Decent cab, crap speaker. Could easily be replaced though.
Look into teh VJ cab too though, looks decent.

doesn't the laney have a celestion?
Quote by beckyjc
Just because it says celestion doesn't mean it eqates to jesus' tones .

Yes, its a pretty poor celestion at that.

ahh right, i did wonder about that. well looks like i may go for the epi cab then.

all this money i wonder if i shouldn't have just bought a little laney lc or vc combo, hopefully it will all be worth it when i finally hear the tiny terror.
Quote by beckyjc
Decent cab, crap speaker. Could easily be replaced though.
Look into teh VJ cab too though, looks decent.

good call, i forgot about the vj cab, it's quite nice. though in the UK you do have several 1x12's all around that price...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've never tried the Tiny Terror, but i'd love to try one, they look like seriously nice amps. Hopefully something similar to the rocker... Bragh, i want an orange.