Right now, i can buy the new Peavey Windsor for $400. I can also buy a 4 year old Peavey XXX with no damage for 400 as well. Is the XXX too loud for home practice? My amp will be used mainly at home and only a few gigs. (The Windsor is 15W tube w/ an attenuator and the XXX is 60W tube w/o attenuator)

Also, i heard the XXX is a very bright amp? I'm kind of looking for a dark tone but I also have an alder guitar with active EMG's (ironic, i know). The music i play is metal, classic rock, death metal. thanks
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
XXX

Don't know if it's the best choice but I'd go for it, you could sell it if you don't like it anyway.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
You'll love the XXX, and if you don't you can resell it for $600 easily. I've sold XXX's for $800.

That's too good of a price to pass up.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
GC just sold me a windsor for $279 brand new last week. At that price I couldn't pass it up.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i just finished reading a lot of reviews about it on harmony central. a lot of the reviews say that the XXX has too much thin and noisy gain and it's not worth buying. is this true..?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Has anyone noticed that he's talking about the Windsor Studio combo?
You should get the Windsor so you can make sound clips and post a review for us!!!
j/k.

Depends what kind of music you play, really.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

The Peavey XXX. Higher gain (which I think you want ), Higher (MIA) quality, lot mroe EQ control, just all around better amp. Good price too.