Hey UG,

I've decided to take a break from the stress of heavy music, can anyone recommend an affordable yet reliable and good sounding nylon strung classical guitar? I really don't know where to look..

Any feedback would be highly appreciated
I don't know anything about classical guitars, but I'm sure others would like to know what your budget is. Is there a reason why you're not considering steel string acoustics?
I would just go down to your guitar shop and have a play on a few.

You can sometimes find real beauties in the "used" section. I play steel string acoustic but wanted a classical to play occasionally as a change. I found a great solid top classical and the guy only wanted £25 for it.
Usualy they are under £100 easily, so you not looking at much price wise.

Custom Built Pearlescent Red Strat

Alpine White Les Paul Copy
Cream Fender Tele Copy
Vox Amps
I'd like nylon strings over steel because after hours of playing steel string guitars my fingers get a little raw...I learnt on an old nylon acoustic but I dropped it off the balcony and it smashed...anyway, I find the nylon strings to be slightly easier on the old digits.

I've tried a couple of cheapo nylons but they just didnt have to guts I want in order to busk!

Thanks for the feedback though, I've decided to scour the guitar shops for a second hand acoustic!
Last edited by le screamist at Nov 7, 2007,
Quote by le screamist
...I learnt on an old nylon acoustic but I dropped it off the balcony and it smashed...
I think I'd cry if that happened to either of my guitars!
Quote by le screamist
anyway, I find the nylon strings to be slightly easier on the old digits.
Understandable, but the pain does go away after a few months. Maybe you can look into a steel-string sometime in the future.
Quote by le screamist
Thanks for the feedback though, I've decided to scour the guitar shops for a second hand acoustic!
Smart move. Good luck to you.
Are any of you UGers from NSW Australia? I live in Goulburn and the music store here is just lacking...they have basically no stock! I was thinking of checking out Pro Audio in Fyshwick, I got a pretty good Epiphone Les Paul from there a few months ago so I might go check out some of their classicals...are there any prominent brands that make classicals? The guitars I've seen have all had unmarked headstocks or a missing info form inside the body..