I've heard Fenders lose their quality tone a little if they don't go with Fender amps, but I want verification on that. Do you have any suggestions for good bass amps (30-50W) for up to £150(USD$300) with a Fender Jazz Bass Standard (V)?

Thanks in advance UG

EDIT: Tell me to go to the "Only which amp" sticky if you like... woops. Sorry.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
If you aren't going to be gigging, try a Fender Rumble 25. They're said to be alright practice amps. And I'm not sure about what you heard, but things like that are generally untrue. You can run a Fender through anything, and anything through a Fender
Ahh, forgot to mention. I'll be gigging with it but putting that through a larger amp using a microphone (they do that at our local place), practising with the band when not gigging. You're sure they keep the tone? I might try it out just before I get the amp. Thanks though
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Yeah. Well...they do if you put them through a decent amp.

It's the same with guitars. I could run a Fender Strat through a Bassman and it'd sound great, through an AC30 and it'd sound great, through a Plexi and it'd sound great, through a Jazz Chorus and it'd sound great and then through a Line 6 Spider and it'd sound ****e.

Basically, as long as the amp isn't bad, the tone of your instrument will not be lost.