Hey, I just got my hands on an old Yamaha keyboard(about 10 years old, works perfectly.) The proper name of it is 'Yamaha PSR 3'. Just wondering can anyone direct me towards good sites to learn it. I'm an absolute beginner. I can play guitar if that will help me at all when learning keyboard!
Also, anyone got any good sites for keyboard chords(whats the keyboard equivalent to chords?! )

Any help is welcomed,
Thanks
8notes.com
or google "how ot play the keyboard"
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
lol I know what a chord is when it comes to guitar, with piano i'm a complete beginner. I know nothing! I thought myself how to play the guitar and I can only read chords and tabs. Cant read notes from a music sheet. So i guess guutar experience won't help me here.
I tried googling keyboard lessons but the ones that came up were pretty rubbish. Thanks for the links so far .
Chords on the keyboard is hard, its not like the guitar where you just learn four shapes and keep sliding up the neck.
Right, I printed off the chords for the main ones and I've learned to play them in a couple of hours. A, B, C , D, E, F , G. Certainly easier than playing guitar so far! (or am i just setting myself up for a fall?!).
The only problem so far is playing minors. While I use 3 fingers for the main ones, the minors seem to need about 8 on each! Is this normal or am I looking up the wrong chords?
If you actually want to play this instrument you need a teacher. Books alone just can't teach you to play the instrument properly.

But if you just wanna **** around with some basic triads and pop melodies then go for it. I'd recommend you use that keyboard to learn the theory and then apply it to your guitar, since the keyboard is much more straightforward.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
If you actually want to play this instrument you need a teacher. Books alone just can't teach you to play the instrument properly.

But if you just wanna **** around with some basic triads and pop melodies then go for it. I'd recommend you use that keyboard to learn the theory and then apply it to your guitar, since the keyboard is much more straightforward.

Yeah I don't wanna be the next Ray Manzarek or anything I just wanna have a bit of fun with it. Learn a few songs, learn a few chords, etc Think it can be more fun with an instrument when you don't know everythig about it. You never know what you can come up with! I just want to know enough to be able to play a few songs at least! Still having trouble with the minors. Do they really take about 8 keys to have held down or am I looking up the wrong thing?
You can take the same scales form playing guitar. C major C D E F G A C. Juts find the notes on the keyboard.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by RVM
Yeah I don't wanna be the next Ray Manzarek or anything I just wanna have a bit of fun with it. Learn a few songs, learn a few chords, etc Think it can be more fun with an instrument when you don't know everythig about it. You never know what you can come up with! I just want to know enough to be able to play a few songs at least! Still having trouble with the minors. Do they really take about 8 keys to have held down or am I looking up the wrong thing?

Minor triads? They require three fingers only.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Shard Heilia
The keyboard equivilant to chords is chords.

I think if you're trying to learn from a chordal perspective, it would be good to learn a bit of theory first. If you know how to form chords, you won't really need to memorize them. Learn the notes on the keyboard even if you don't actually learn how to read music properly.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Heres A Why To Learn.if In C . C,f,g Chords Play This C-ceg,f-cfa,g-bdg.it Keeps Your Fingers In A Area To Change Easy.
Quote by RVM
Hey, I just got my hands on an old Yamaha keyboard(about 10 years old, works perfectly.) The proper name of it is 'Yamaha PSR 3'. Just wondering can anyone direct me towards good sites to learn it. I'm an absolute beginner. I can play guitar if that will help me at all when learning keyboard!
Also, anyone got any good sites for keyboard chords(whats the keyboard equivalent to chords?! )

Any help is welcomed,
Thanks
THE PIANO GUY-MIGHT BE ON YOUR PBS STATION.THE KEYBOARD WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER GUITAR PLAYER TOO.WHATS HARD IT'S HARD TO FIND THE RIGHT FINGERING.
Thanks for all the help guys.

Quote by redstrat8
THE KEYBOARD WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER GUITAR PLAYER TOO.

How come?