I had planned on getting a Vintage VS6 as my new guitar but then I saw something else... the Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400! I'd like to know the differences. I might try to see if a local Epiphone dealer can get me one. I would like to know what seems better though. Is the Epi worth the extra 100$? Thanks.

I play Classic Rock (AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd...), Punk (Sum 41, Blink 182, Gob...), & lately, a lot of Linkin Park but having their tone fully isn't a big issue.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
vintage you should try frist my firt guitar was a intage reaper n it was nice as **** but some r **** ive heard so try it first the epi probs will be better but i dunno not played tht maney epis
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
in my opinion the epiphone all the way i have a gibson and an epiphone les paul and to me the only massive difference id quality of the pick ups the build quality of both it amazing
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop 50's Neck
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Member #23 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
^Well I normally dislike Epiphones, but this one being Gibson Certified... well I thought it would make all the difference.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I am not familiar with the Vintage line and I am eyeing a used Epiphone Cream G400 with 3 pups and all gold hardware for only $315.00 so I would go with the Epi myself. Does Vintage have a website? I would like to check them out.

John
I don't think so, but I haven't heard a bad thing about the company yet. Here is a link to all the Vintage VS6 info you need.

http://www.guitarbitz.com/221.htm

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Thanks, That's what I found when I just did a search. They look great I would love to give one a try but I have never seen them in any shops around the Boston area. I assume they are made in the UK from reading the catalog.

John
Thanks, I didn't think I'd ever find one.

So I think its just up to the pups & tuners. What would be better? Epi or Vintage?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by damm_punks
vintage you should try frist my firt guitar was a intage reaper n it was nice as **** but some r **** ive heard so try it first the epi probs will be better but i dunno not played tht maney epis

So he should try a 'frist my firt' guitar?

Wow.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by johnro6659
Thanks, That's what I found when I just did a search. They look great I would love to give one a try but I have never seen them in any shops around the Boston area. I assume they are made in the UK from reading the catalog.

John

I doubt they are made in the UK. Made for the UK Market maybe. Probably comes out of the same plant that makes Epiphone though. As for quality, the only things I know about Epiphones for sure is the hardware tends to be rather cheap on them, with poor electronics as well.
That's a tuff one because I don't know much about Wilkinson pups that the Vinatge has and the Epiphone pups are hit or miss. I have played two identical Epis at shops that didn't perform alike. I would plan on upgrading either one later with better pups.

John
I planned up upgrading the pups on the Vintage with a Burstbucker Pro/57 Classic combo. So the VS6?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by CJRocker
I doubt they are made in the UK. Made for the UK Market maybe. Probably comes out of the same plant that makes Epiphone though. As for quality, the only things I know about Epiphones for sure is the hardware tends to be rather cheap on them, with poor electronics as well.

lol, i was thinkin they might come out of the same plants that epi's do too. They seem somewhat similar, i'm not sure about pickups but I would try out both and see which you like better since two guitars with similar specs might be totally different to you. And the hardware on epis is decent but yeah the electronics usually aren't the best but mine doesn't give me any problems.
I have only played a few 'vintage' guitars, and I didnt think much of them, I prefered the epi lp that I had tried.
Quote by damm_punks

l0l wut?!11

Anyway, I prefer Epis over Vintage any day. Vintage stinks of cheapness, the Wilkinsons were weak, the beaten up finishes reak of desperation, even though one or two editions aren't exactly cheapomondo.
Bump

Well I LOVED the Vintage, but I have yet to try the Epiphone. What if I can just get a standard Epi G-400. Better then the VS6?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.