Lo all, I have a small dilemma.

My local guitar shops don't stock a certain guitar, which is the one I want to try out. One of them has the 6 string version, the others just don't stock em at all.

I was wondering, can you get the shop to order in a guitar for you? I'd think so, but I don't know if they'd charge a fee for it? Also what if you tried it and didn't like it?

I got to go and ask and find out how much it'd cost, I can get this particular guitar cheap on the net and if the shop price is a lot more I might just swallow my pride, go try out the 6 string version then order the 12 string online and pray I don't get a funky guitar with something wrong with it :S
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
They'll usually match musicians friend prices if you bring it up
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
I've asked at my local shop...with a OHSC and tax and everything, it is normally cheaper then what you can find online.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Know what you mean...you would feel like there was a moral obligation to buy it.

I did the same a few months ago but it was on the recommendation of one of the guys in the shop who owned one...so I was pretty sure i was going to buy.

Why don't you mention the make on this site as some one who has one may recommend.
geejammers, its the Washburn D42s12. Its £240 online, pretty certain it'd be more from a shop :/
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
yeah I ordered my guitar through the long and mcquade here. they didn't have the guitar i wanted but another one of their stores in vancouver did... it was $4000 so it didn't matter much if there were more shipping costs or whatever tacked on top of that.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..