I'm building a guitar for my gcse resistant materials, and i dont know the measurements properly, can anyone help?
lol@u
which measurments? what type of guitar do you want to build?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
the measurements for what exactly? the whole guitar or particular parts?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
www.google.co.uk

at least do a bit of searching before you come and ask, its the same with your 'i want a 150 watt marshall but i don't know which one thread'. a little bit of looking and you'dve found measurements and scale diagrams for standard strat or les paul, even a V or explorer if you're lucky.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

1. with the amp i have searched and can't make my mind up, so i am asking people who may own one to see what they think.

2. secondly, i'm not sure what kind of guitar, what do you think is the simplest type to start building with?
lol@u
Quote by Blues_King431
1. with the amp i have searched and can't make my mind up, so i am asking people who may own one to see what they think.

2. secondly, i'm not sure what kind of guitar, what do you think is the simplest type to start building with?

Depends on how strict your GCSE rules are.
Technically, a bolt on gibson V would be the easiest. You could buy the neck of warmoth and then just make the body and it'll be done real quick.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Blues_King431

What are you trying to do with an amp? Didn't see that in your original post.

As for the guitar, As long as you have either a bandsaw or a jigsaw then it's all your "normal" electric guitars are about the same to build so you might as well build whatever electric guitar you want to build. If you don't have a jigsaw or a bandsaw, then go buy a jigsaw for 20 quid and then build whatever electric guitar you want to have. If you want to keep things simple then don't do a carved top guitar and don't use bindings but other than that....

If you were thinking about acoustic guitars then thats fine too but they require a lot more tools and clamps and they take a LOT more time. So if time or tools is an issue then stick with an electric. If you have the tools and the time then build whatever guitar you want to build. It's not that one is really any harder than the rest, some just take more time.

Before we can give you an real advise we need the whole story about what you want to do. You don't have to tell us exactly what you are making if you don't know yet, but tell us what kind of things you are thinking about, what your tool situation is, how much time you have, how much money you can spend, a general idea about what you want to accomplish, and what type of tone you want when you are done.
Not taking any online orders.
i say randy rhoads v as its very very simple to make, i would give you the dimensions but my design tech teacher burned them cos he got pissed off with some chavs n didnt see that they were under a pile of planks n stuff,but i say it was an easy build n it was my foirst and also it was a neck through so try sum research into that
Got wood?
If you want blueprints go to guitarbuild.com

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I'm going to make a Tele for mine if you're interested, and buy some templates.

A Tele with a Bigsby and it's going to be damned beautiful... if my lack of tech skills doesn't completely **** it up .
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
^ be careful with that 'cause when i built my GCSE guitar I had to design the shape and I don't think you would be allowed to buy templates and use them as there is no designing involved.
I would get the templates for the body shape and design ON to the guitar itself and make little alterations to the shape. My tech teacher is my form tutor so I've talked about it with him and he says that should be okay.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
What are you trying to do with an amp? Didn't see that in your original post.

i posted another thread about me getting a new amp

i basically have all the tools the tech department have, so saws, lathes, milling machines, hegner saws, pillar drills, etc.... we have alot because we are a technology college (Notley High School)

the other thing i was wondering was paint, i imagine it is quicker to just varnish it with the colour of the wood, is this so?
lol@u