I have a 100W Marshall DSL 2000 and i am going to put a new bridge pickup in my jagstang to compliment this...

Im looking for a pickup that gives me (on distortion):

-Rocking Chords (both power and open)
-if i play single notes on the bottom three strings they cut through and rock your socks off
-screaming harmonics
-spinechilling feedback

would you recommend high or medium output?

i play hardcore rock and roll but also theres some dreamy stuff in there. i want my guitar to sound distressed and misunderstood but at the same time beautiful.

Any advice - please let me know!

Cheers!!!
Maybe a Bill Lawrence L-500XL. What Dimebag used.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by pete38
emg81 it's the ****!

Hell no. That doesn't match anything that the threadstarter asked for. I'd be looking towards a Dimarzio Breed, Steve's Special (although it might be a bit too trebley in your guitar) or even a Super Distortion.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
bill lawrence L-500XL or duncan invader
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6 ( Seymour Duncan SH - 8 Invader Bridge, GFS Crunchy Rails Neck )
Jackson JS30DKT Dinky™ Hard tail ( Stock Pickups )
Fender Squire Stratocaster ( Stock Pickups )
Vox AD15VT Amplifier
Quote by the_random_hero
Steve's Special (although it might be a bit too trebley in your guitar)

Nah... His amp will filter off all the unwanted treble that the Steve's Special might produce.

The DSL 2000 compresses your tone a lot so I think you would want a pickup that is very dynamic just to counter balance that. If you are looking for high output I'd suggest looking at Bill Lawrence L-500XL, or Dimarzio's Breed, Steves Special, Evolution, and Evo 2. Then of course there are my Hot and Super hot neobuckers.

If you went for medium output then I'd suggest Dimarzio's PAF Pro, PAF Joe or the Mo Joe. There really aren't that many medium output pickups that sound good in this amp because meadium output pickups that use alnico sound too compressed for that amp and medium output pickups that use ceramic magnets sound too thin for this amp.

I would also suggest that you take a good look at some vintage output pickups as well. Most good vintage output pickups will sound good in that amp but I'd suggest sticking with vintage output pickups that use Alnico 5 rather than alnico 2 or 3. It's hard to go wrong with a well made PAF.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Nov 3, 2007,