I was wondering if there is some kind of keyboard kit where you can set your own tones, rather than going with the traditional chromatic scale tones. Does anyone know how I would go about such a thing?
what?
Do you mean MIDI mapping so that instead of having a chromatic scale, each key will represent a custom note?
Totally possible, but the easiest way would be to hook up a MIDI keyboard to a computer and use a MIDI mapping program to do it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
That sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for, what would be a good program/starting keyboard to begin with, are there any standards for getting introduced to that kind of thing?
Quote by craigr
That sounds like the kind of thing I'm looking for, what would be a good program/starting keyboard to begin with, are there any standards for getting introduced to that kind of thing?

Any keyboard with a MIDI out would do.
Most DAW programs like Sonar, Cubase etc.. offer support for MIDI remapping plugins.
Then for sounds, you could feed it back to the keyboard if it supports MIDI returns to use its inbuilt sounds, or you could use a VST plugin to geerate the sound like absynth.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350