Hi, i recently got Unreal Tournament GOTY because a load of friends wer ebugging me to get it, to play online.

Anyway, ive got it and im online but i suck...and i get owned bad.

Can anyone give me any tips?

How do you do that teleport jump thing aswell.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Keep moving.
Don't backpedal, run towards people as it confuses/scares them.
Um... don't die lol.
Practice against the bots.
Make sure you have a decent mouse and pad.
Sell your Marshall MG.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Corner people
Bounce around (bunny hop) Alot
Run at people
But know when to run away
Practice aiming at fast moving targets

Yeah just the usually FPS shootery type things.

Oh yeah and ALWAYS aim for the head.

And fire in bursts, although thats not as important for UT.
Yeh play the bots... dont run and arm yourself well before you go into the heat of battle. Really what i do is i play how i play paintball. aka use tactics. and most of all master the controls!
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!
Orite Thanks alot.

How do you do the teleport thing?

You always see people just disappearing in thin air and then they're like more infront.

and i love my MG.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
join a clan which uses TS- it helps a lot.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Jump a lot. You don't lose any accuracy like other FPS games, which is always an advantage if you can use it well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Rocket launcher is way too slow, you can dodge the rockets.

Sniper is my favourate.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

i cant remember what its called but its a transporter you first use primary fire to launch the transporter then secondary fire to transport to where the item you fired is. i have it set to the right click.
With fat friends there are no see-saws.. just catapults!
UT3 is ace

sadly my graphics card is teh fail which is why my boyfriend is buying me a better one for christmas
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
There are places on certain maps where you can get teleported.

Quote by KileManA7X

Jump, Fire,Strafe, Jump, Fire Double strafe jump, Fire, Jump, Fire, Fire, Strafe!
Seriously JUST PRACTISE!

Oh and +1 to get rid of the MG!!!!!!!!!
Hi!
Care to look at the date of the thread before posting?
11-02-2007.
Its not 07 anymore.
If you're talking about UT classic (probably the only one worth playing) then I suggest a lot of practice.

That is still the best competitive FPS (**** you counterstrike) available thus far.

Practice the following:
Dashing repeatedly
Controlling your jumps on anti-grav
Instagib servers are great for working on your aim and dodging abilities (when you can be killed in one shot, you'll learn how to run for your ****ing life)
Learn how to maneuver around the maps
etc.
Remember this:

ASMD Shock Rifle: Fire secondary shot. Shoot said secondary shot with primary shot = BOOM!

Bio Rifle: May be ****, but if you cover a hall way full of it and can quickly lead an opponent down it = WIN

Handgun: Dual Weild, secondary fire, nuff said!

Teleporting: Not available on all maps. Launch teleporter under a person and teleport them = Telefrag (or something like that).

Learn the maps in single player mode. Remember where the weapons, health, shields and hidden areas with powerups are.

Remember, the flag carrier can't teleport!

The Nali War Cow is the hardest thing to head shot...

Loque and Arachne (bots) are by far the hardest opponents.

The Map DM-Compressor has a room with a power multiplier in it. There are switches on side of this room...press one when your opponent is in there.

Renaming the map files in the UT directory allows you to play other game types there. EG:
rename CTF-LavaGiant to DM-LavaGiant to get a massive deathmatch going...

Instagib FTW!

Oh yeah, and one more thing....

....MMMMMMMMMMMMONSTER KILL!!!!