Just to share a little pron and to make you guys jealous, here is my newly acquired 1995 Fender Strat Plus, Candy Apple Red, one piece maple neck, gold lace sensors, locking tuners and roller nut, the works. Enjoy!

I have two strats until saturday! Yay!

It's not a POS, it's got character!

Many of the Plus Series, but not all, came with a Hipshot Tremsetter (pictured above), which compensated for string tension. Once set up correctly, and after getting the guitar in tune, they stay in tune. If a string breaks while playing, the Tremsetter will compensate and the guitar will stay in tune. ~ Stratcollector.com

There you have it. Sex in a guitar.
Maaaaan, that's hot!! Nice one mate!
And The red Strat, it means that the neck is all one piece of maple wood, not two pieces stuck together.

*1000th post on UG! YAY!*
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
Maaaaan, that's hot!! Nice one mate!
And The red Strat, it means that the neck is all one piece of maple wood, not two pieces stuck together.

*1000th post on UG! YAY!*

are there necks with two maple pieces glued together ?
does that also mean it doesn't have a seperate maple fretboard ?
^Yup, I think so.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna be big yeah...

flickr
^ lol I dunno, and grats on 1000th post. I freaking love this guitar
Cheers guys!
By the way, Twevo, how do the Lace Golds sound? I've been wondering about them actually..
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna be big yeah...

flickr
I think they sound very nice. They're really chimy and bright, which I personally like, and they don't hum at all. I have a lot of friends that dislike them but I think they're very nice. Of course I'm sure you can do a lot better but they're not bad at all.
glue the bits together, route the cavity for the truss, stick it in, cover it with skunk stripe/fretboard and tada. You have to bear in mind that the glue used is usually as strong or stronger than the actual wood, so it's not just going to snap in too unless you do something really stupid with the truss.

There are also 3 piece neck 5 piece necks. I havent seen any other variations but there could be
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
glue the bits together, route the cavity for the truss, stick it in, cover it with skunk stripe/fretboard and tada. You have to bear in mind that the glue used is usually as strong or stronger than the actual wood, so it's not just going to snap in too unless you do something really stupid with the truss.

There are also 3 piece neck 5 piece necks. I havent seen any other variations but there could be

and that's a two-piece maple neck ?

does a one piece maple neck mean that there's still a seperate maple fretboard ?
^ No it's all one bit. They put the truss in by routing out a bit of the back, and filling it in with a piece of Walnut. That's why they have the stripe.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Twevo

Many of the Plus Series, but not all, came with a Hipshot Tremsetter (pictured above), which compensated for string tension. Once set up correctly, and after getting the guitar in tune, they stay in tune. If a string breaks while playing, the Tremsetter will compensate and the guitar will stay in tune. ~ Stratcollector.com

That is AWESOME.

Sweet guitar dude.
^^was that to my first or last question ?

oh now i get why there's a stripe on the back sometimes. i thought it was for reinforcement like they do with classical guitars.

my strat doesn't have a stripe on the back, does that mean it's a one-piece ?
EDIT: i meant, does that mean it's a 2,3,4 or 5-piece ?

and the stripe has nothing to do with reinforcement ?
Last edited by The red Strat. at Nov 3, 2007,
^Your strat has a rosewood fretboard: they put in the trussrod before they put the glue that onto the neck. There is no need for a skunk stripe; but strangely enough, many necks with separate fretboards still have skunk stripes.
^ I think Stagg's range of guitars are like that. My friend has a guitar which I think is a Stagg and it has a rosewood board and a skunk stripe.
Quote by mr_hankey
^Your strat has a rosewood fretboard: they put in the trussrod before they put the glue that onto the neck. There is no need for a skunk stripe; but strangely enough, many necks with separate fretboards still have skunk stripes.

oh yeah of course ! god that was a dumbass comment (mine, not yours) , i thought for a while i had a maple neck
Quote by Denthúl
^ I think Stagg's range of guitars are like that. My friend has a guitar which I think is a Stagg and it has a rosewood board and a skunk stripe.

My Fender Tele has it too (although I do see a good reason for it there: they used maple with more birdseye for the fingerboard).
fresh guitar

love the board.

and congrats on busting ur thousand cherry there, add45.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
dirty fretboards are hot! its like my neck haha. i clean it only like... every 5 string changes. and i change strings once about 3 weeks. that's a lot of weeks without cleaning hahaha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard