Avenged Sevenfold
Nightmare
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I could never get into StST :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
That's because you are not true punx enuff.

Let's have some discussion:

Do you think the addition of Brian Haner Jr. was a detriment or a blessing for Avenged Sevenfold? Sounding The Seventh Trumpet was a fun album with very apparent punk aspects and atypical riffing, but after Brian joined, there was much more emphasis on Iron Maiden leads and Gothenburg riffs. While they have seen much success from him joining, do you think it would have given us more quality material had he not joined or vice versa?

I think it would have been cool to see what Punk stuff A7X would have came up with had he not joined.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
it's still weird to hear shadows singing a song like streets

like, a7x gone nofx.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I don't think they would have been nearly as successful. I mean almost every young person I knew who liked them was because of the "OMG, dat dude shredzzzz." That's why I liked them

I think they could have written some cool sounding punk stuff though. Shadows has the voice for it imo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
Avenged Sevenfold (cuz A Little Piece of Heaven)
City of Evil
Sounding the Seventh Trumpet
Waking the Fallen
Hail to the King
Nightmare
Diamonds in the Rough
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

PSN: esunax
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
1. City of Evil. This might be number 1 top album ever.
2. Avenged Sevenfold. Self produced genius.
3. Waking The Fallen / Nightmare. Both great albums. Save Me is great.
4. Hail To The King (at the moment)
5. STST. Some cool stuff but I generally can't really get into it, To End The Rapture is awesome though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by Kytokinesis
Avenged Sevenfold (cuz A Little Piece of Heaven)

yessssss
___

Quote by The_Blode
Shredx
Inuendo King
736 IQ
Quote by Vauxite
You can sing the lyrics to SBT over the top and it fits perfectly.

I know I cant stop doing it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Did anyone else buy the "Deluxe Version" CD and actually get the St. James single? I tried to redeem it but nothing happened.
Hardlycore
Now it's a party
799 IQ
^ I haven't, but I really wanna hear that track, haven't made my way to youtube yet haha.
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
Man, Shepherd of Fire is so basic but that riff is so catchy.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
St James is really really good I think.

slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Self Titled ('A Little Piece of Heaven' is my favourite song from them)
City of Evil
Waking the Fallen
Nightmare/Sounding the Seventh Trumpet
Hail to the King

I never listened to Diamonds in the Rough fully, just a few songs and the live DVD.

I actually enjoy Gate's guitar playing, even though I have lost interest in rock/metal guitar playing for the most part. He can be quite tasteful at times, but at other times it's just so cheesy (especially in the new album). For the most part I think he's been an asset to the band.
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
I Really Always Knew That My Little Crime Would Be Cold
That's Why I Got A Heater For Your Thighs And I Know
I Know It's Not Your Time
But, Bye Bye

edit: damn caps filter I'll have fountain to spray on your youth whenever

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Aug 28, 2013,
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I wanna learn how to play A Little Piece of Heaven on piano but I'm way to lazy
___

Quote by The_Blode
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
i've got piano hands and i wish i actually played piano
Pookie6
<3's Summer Glau
79 IQ
Hail to the King / City of Evil
Waking the Fallen / Nightmare
Self Titled
Diamonds in the Rough
Sounding the Seventh Trumpet
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,699 IQ
St James is a tribute to Jimmy I assume...it's really good though.

It's like the best on the album. Get such a self-titled vibe from it, sort of like Unbound? It's not terribly layered either. The entire album should've been like that one song.

Pookie6
<3's Summer Glau
79 IQ
Quote by EndTheRapture51
St James is a tribute to Jimmy I assume...it's really good though.

It's like the best on the album. Get such a self-titled vibe from it, sort of like Unbound? It's not terribly layered either. The entire album should've been like that one song.

Nah, no thanks from me. I'm perfectly content with the way the album turned out.

St. James is growing on me a ton. I wasn't that much of a fan on first listen but I'm getting quite into it now. I really like how it combines the sounds of like three of their albums/sounds. The woahs remind of Desecrate Through Reverance as well as MIA a little bit when you throw in the lead guitar lines too and just the tone of the song reminds me of their self titled. Also reminds me a bit of Fall of Troy's F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Listened to it again in a better mood today. First listen strongly affirmed that there isn't anything good on this album, but the second really didn't find too much that was explicitly bad about it.
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
705 IQ
So Coming Home is obviously the best song on the new album.

slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/avenged_sevenfold_officially_top_billboard_200_chart_with_hail_to_the_king.html#5067392

lol I love UG comments. I was trolling with the second part for clarification; if people enjoy this album it's cool.

I heard St. James and I liked it more than nearly everything on the album but it still felt like a b-side.

As much as I like 'A Little Piece of Heaven' I will likely never learn it simply because from a pianist's perspective there are more interesting things to learn. I can't imagine the piano part itself is very interesting.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by slipknot5678

As much as I like 'A Little Piece of Heaven' I will likely never learn it simply because from a pianist's perspective there are more interesting things to learn. I can't imagine the piano part itself is very interesting.

I meant more transcribing the whole song into one piece onto the piano. Just the piano part of the song would be pretty boring probably. There isn't much there.

But yea, like you said, there are usually more interesting things to learn so I never get around to it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
MegadethFan18
Judge Shredd
1,387 IQ
I was listening to Doing Time today and I noticed that the riff that plays behind the solo sounds exactly the same (albeit with an extra bit at the end) as the chorus riff in Nightrain by Guns N' Roses (which is one of my favourite riffs of all time). Normally I can't really hear the riff but I was using headphones and I noticed it.

Anyone else notice/think this?
ssgunner
10 IQ
Fav albums
Hail to the King / White Album
Waking the Fallen / City of Evil
Nightmare.

Songs from those albums sound bad @$$ on my Shector Synyster Custom black on black w/pin stripes.